The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Rope for 100 foot rope escape? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicbenyoung
View Profile
New user
Maryville, Tennessee
36 Posts

Profile of magicbenyoung
Hi all,
I am wanting to purchase rope for the 100 foot rope escape but I'm not sure exactly what kind of rope to get and where to get it. I know that I don't want something too thin, but other than that I'm not really sure of brands, etc. Could someone help me out? What is everyone else using?

Thanks,
Ben
harry knight
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of harry knight
Cannons Great Escapes have the recommended size rope available. http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/Shopp......ase.html
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I like 1/2 inch thick woven cord that's not too slippery but not too grabby.

If you look down the page there is an offer for a 100 foot rope tie DVD (by some relatively unknown character) and you can also order the rope at the same time.
http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/books&videos.html

(Same rope that Harry just posted, without the DVD)
magicbenyoung
View Profile
New user
Maryville, Tennessee
36 Posts

Profile of magicbenyoung
Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to search for a slightly cheaper rope than the one on Cannon's, but it's really nice to know that that's available if I can't find another alternative.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I agree with Jay about the rope. 1/2" woven. Mine's red.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Ben, if you don't have enough money to get the right rope then wait. Buying the wrong rope is the same as buying trouble.
magicbenyoung
View Profile
New user
Maryville, Tennessee
36 Posts

Profile of magicbenyoung
Thanks for your advice, Jay. I'm going to wait. Smile
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
I get my rope from Lowes hardware (Memphis TN). 100 ft. for $19.99 It looks the same as Cannon's. I've had many years of success with it.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2010-10-11 14:44, Rappel wrote:
I get my rope from Lowes hardware (Memphis TN). 100 ft. for $19.99 It looks the same as Cannon's. I've had many years of success with it.

Shhhh Rappel.

Ill go halves with you on the 100 foot from Lowes and before magicbenyoung reads your email we will offer him the $19.99 load for say $45 (including shipping). Then you and I will split the profit (obviously the £ is a little stronger than the $ so I get $30 of the $45). Business never was my strong point.

:rolleyes: :bg: :rolleyes:

And Jay
Quote:
On 2010-10-02 14:32, Jay Leslie wrote:
If you look down the page there is an offer for a 100 foot rope tie DVD (by some relatively unknown character) and you can also order the rope at the same time.
http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com/books&videos.html

Yes I too don’t know the producer of said Rope escape DVD but am told that the Straight Jacket and that he also has a rather good ball manipulation DVD out as well.

Come to that all of his products are amazing and I highly recommend his web site …… Smile Smile Smile Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Today,,,100ft of the correct rope, bright colours, special offer at Morrisons £4:99.

Ken.
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Thanks Mr. Lesley: Your DVD and the rope from Cannon's on the way . . . thanks to all for giving guidance to the neophytes!
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Lesley is Leslie

Enjoy and post a review.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2011-02-02 11:43, jay leslie wrote:
Lesley is Leslie

Enjoy and post a review.

I had no idea! First of all Jay does not sound like a girls name and now I find out that she is into girls!

Is my Dyslexia making me missunderstand again.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Jay is a Lezzie then,,,we have a different meaning for that over here !!!

Still its legal now and he is smileing,,,so what the hell.Feel sorry for the rabbit as I don`t think it knows whats comeing !!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Rope for 100 foot rope escape? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL