The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Electric Pump (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Hello

I am considering switching to an electric or battery powered pump. Could someone point me in the direction of a good pump and or give me some good advice.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day,

Walking Bob in Iowa
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Majiloon my fav
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Thanks for the information on the Majiloon pump. I noticed there a number of different models, which do you recommend and why?

Thanks again,

Walking Bob in Iowa
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
I have never used an electric I have heard they are loud and if they are battery operated don't last as long as you might need I just got a mini-mac lite and I love it one stroke and a 260 is filled no batteries no extension cord and it only weighs 4 lbs
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
I have a Majiloon (single-compressor/NiCad battery) and a Balloon Buoy which I switch between on long runs. Both last me up to three hours of steady use on a single charge and without overheating. The batteries last a year or longer with almost daily use and recharging. I barely notice the weight of either. Both are quiet enough to use in my restaurants.

If I absolutely had to choose between the two, I would grudgingly choose the Majiloon simply for the more convenient switch placement on the hose. I haven't used my back-up manual pumps in nearly four years and don't miss them at all.

Reliability: The Majiloon is two years old and the Balloon Buoy is around 7-8 years old and still going strong. I also have a 10-11 year old SLA Majiloon that is quite noisy but still works like a champ for my rare outdoor balloon events. A bit heavier than the other two but very reliable.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
If you can afford it get the best....

DJ's customer service is awesome
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Did anyone invent the "quiet" electric balloon pump yet?
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Quote:
On 2010-10-12 11:02, Dynamike wrote:
Did anyone invent the "quiet" electric balloon pump yet?

As I said, both the new Majiloon and the Balloon Buoy are quiet enough to use in my restaurants without disturbing neighboring tables or frightening infants. They both emit a soft buzz thanks to that inline filter.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Thanks, Skip.
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
There are going to be plans to build your own Balloon pump in the Wizards Journal soon.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Will these plans be for an electric pump or a manual one?
AndyComic
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of AndyComic
What type of pump is used though. I have seen the balloon hero video and its pretty loud : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGSmsHBMSfM , just seems like one of those 12v bicycle pumps you buy in a Walmart type shop. kinda makes you jump this vid with the headphones on.

Andy
wa-na-be
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of wa-na-be
Yes it is an electric balloon pump, and yes, as Andy has pointed out they are a bit noisy. I don't feel they are that noisy though and have not had any complaints from the kids, who love to push the button and blow there own balloon up. On the other hand it is not made with a bicycle pump either. The instructions on how you can build one are in the wizards journal area. I have been using a pump like this for going on ten years and love it. I have asthma so blowing them up by mouth is pretty much out the door...

Chris
Balloon&MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Balloon&MagicGuy
I used to be an owner of the original balloon buoy battery powered pump and am now an owner of the Balloon Hero, which is a more recent version of the Balloon Buoy. I use it for smaller parties. Transport is easy since it is small and I always carry an extra battery. I do lots of parties and prefer the stand up pumps, since most of my balloons use between 4-10 balloons per sculpture and I average between 50-75 balloons over a 2-hour span working solo. When I use to use a hand pump, the balloon hero allowed me to blow up swirls, which you can also do with the stand up pumps. The battery powered pumps are not loud at all. The insulated bags make sure of that. It is a matter of preference, so good luck.

BalloonMagicGuy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Electric Pump (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL