The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Monte Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
drax
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of drax
I've been using Temptation, different three card monte routine that can be done entirely in the hand and you finish clean with three ungimmicked cards. Has anyone else been using this and does it use the same gimmicked card as Skinner's monte ? If I go for another monte trick I'd like to one again in the hand - is there an ungimmicked version I can do in the hand ? and end clean ?

regards,

drax
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Temptation and Skinner's Monte don't use the exact same gimmicks.

If you want a Monte you can do in your hands and that ends clean, I suggest Hayden's routine (see my posting above).
martyk
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of martyk
this is third typing; keeps slippiing off into Cyberspace. Hands down, Pat Page's from Stevens, improvement on Ducth Looper in Ganson. Never realized Dutch could look so good. Pat's is an entire routine. Very visual, astounding. Bob Sheets used same gimmick for his own "printing" version. Marty K
crazyhands
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of crazyhands
Doc Eason's three card monte routine is also excellent. Smile
jmmagic
View Profile
New user
New Hampshire
70 Posts

Profile of jmmagic
Harry Anderson's Last Monte is a great routine.
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
I do not do a Monte routine yet but there are a few that I like. Vernon routine is beautiful especially in the hands of Daryl or Eugene Burger. The School of Scoundrel one is great!!! One that I have not seen mentionned is Jack Carpenter's flat monte called if I am right Three Card Molly is also worth your time. It can be found in his gambling video and in his book Port-Folio.

Smile Smile
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Eugene Burger's is good. Skinner's is great, but some people may want to look at the cards it's so startling. A z wallet or switcheroo might be considered.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
I've been performing Skinner's version for years and with the routine I do, I would say 2% of the people actually want to examine the cards. If they want to see them I usually just say "sure" and go to hand them to the spectator. As soon as they reach for it I pull back and do the old "that's enough" gag and put it in my pocket and switch out in case they really are intent on it. Usually however I'm already priming them for the next effect or having fun with the audience in order to take their mind away from the fact that they wanted to examine the cards in the first place. On a side note, one time, I was performing this and at the end of the routine, the lady grabbed one of the gimmicked cards out of my hand! Of course I'm thinking "great here goes my act". She only examined the back of the card!

Thank god for those little miracles eh?

Take care,

Dorian Rhodell
jazzman
View Profile
New user
manchester, UK
69 Posts

Profile of jazzman
Has anyone tried Misdirection Monte from Jamie Badman's Underground Change notes? I have them but have not gotten around to learning the sleight yet and I want to know how well the effect goes down. It sounds excellent.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1022 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Stepping Out with Molly is a very commercial routine from the Expert's Portfolio by Jack Carpenter. It is a very commercial ungaffed version.
ed
thief74
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of thief74
I love the two card monte, as I haven't learned any others yet, but the videos I have seen of the color monte look amazing.
ChrisMagic52
View Profile
Loyal user
North Vancouver, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of ChrisMagic52
I would have to say Ultimonte and 3 Color Monte are my favorite Monte Effects.
I dispise the 2 Card Monte, David Blaine ruined it.
SethHoward
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of SethHoward
Chris,
Check out my 2 card monte, Howard'$ Hustle. It fixes what Blaine ruined
http://www.geocities.com/sethhowardmagic
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
Taytelbaum's 3 Card Monte is fot me the best and the second best is Tonny van Rhee's three card Monte
Doug Conn
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Doug Conn
My (biased) fave = "Plastic Surgery"

It starts w/ a "Color Monte" (3 Card Monkey Business) handling... then takes a BIG left turn (w/ a SURPRISE finish.)

See it here:
http://www.dougconn.com/movies/plastic.rm

Regards,
Doug Conn
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
The ultimate three card is very good, but the best ungimmikced I have seen is color monte, you should learn it.
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite Monte Effect (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL