The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Reptiles in the show! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lyndsy M.
View Profile
New user
Ontario, Canada
6 Posts

Profile of Lyndsy M.
I was just wondering if anyone here has reptiles in their show? And how does it go over with the audience (what kind of reaction do you receive)? How do the reptiles themselves react?

Lynz Smile
Check out Peter Loughran's newest illusions:
www.masterofillusions.ca
mike_york
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mike_york
You should talk to Snake Babe. Her and her husband feature reptiles in show.

I'm positive they would be able to answer any questions you may have.

All the best,
Mike
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I don't use reptiles in my shows mainly because of the type of weather I receive in Michigan. The winter time will be very disturbing to the reptiles. If I lived in a hot climate throughout the year, I would.

Abracadabra,

Dynamike
ianiv
View Profile
New user
israel
5 Posts

Profile of ianiv
what kind of reptil are you talking about?
Daktari
View Profile
Regular user
USA
154 Posts

Profile of Daktari
I use reptiles in my show. Most of the time I use them exclusive of birds and mammals. For my style of show the reaction is great! My show is family/kid oriented and my character is sort of an Indiana Jones/ Crocodile Hunter cross (although Indy hated snakes and I don't care for the Crocodile Hunter! lol). But the character is me. I worked for years as a wildlife biologist and animal trainer, as well as raising all types of exotic wildlife. The reptiles are less maintanance as well as less labor intensive than mammals and birds. But there are exceptions. If big snakes are desired ost performers will use Burmese pythons, primarily due to their gentle disposition. (It's hard to handle most big reticulated pythons or anacondas without *****ing them off!). When it comes to lizards most of the time it depends on the individual animal. For example I have a huge black and white tegu and very large rhinocerous iguana that both work beautifully for me, but many of the tegu's, iguana's or moniters don't work well. If you have a specific question just ask. I have 40 or 50 different animals at any one time so I may have the answer, if not I can steer you in the right direction.
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
881 Posts

Profile of sperris
I know a guy in Chicago, Mike DiDominico who uses like snakes and a few Iguinas in his act too and gets a really good reaction. It goes with his style really well, its kind of a modern club/clubber kind of feel to it. He presents it very well and presents it very clean and professional. Not just a guy whipping out reptiles and going OOOGA BOOOOGA! Its very cool.

Sperris Smile
DANSPERRY.COM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Reptiles in the show! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL