The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Full hypnosis show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Does anyone know of a full length hypnosis professional stage hypnosis show video on the interweb?
Smiles

Jon Chase

http://jonathanchase.com
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
I don't know of any Jon. I have a few on DVD of others I have purchased. I have a couple more stage shows coming up in the beginning of November that I am recording. If the video is good, I can throw it up for you on a private server. My show is nothing unique however: about 30 minutes of stand-up, a fixation induction with the guests and then the skits.

I don't do speed/rapid/shock inductions often. My reasoning is that people not in the know (i.e. the average Joe watching the show ), are not impressed by it and since there is nothing "mystical" about it, it leaves doubt about its authenticity.

The other issue I have found with these types of inductions, is , that they seem to be "intrusive" to a bystander. It makes it seem like I have some power and that their will is not their own and that I can "steal" them. Even though I asked that person for permission, the bystanders see it differently and may deem me as a threat.

With the fixation method, it adds some showmanship and something "magical" to the method. And since it is not instant, it does not appear that I have "forced" something on them, rather, I have guided and allowed them to go to a place on their own will and at their own pace. When the crowd responds and sees this as a peaceful process, it is often, someone not on the stage goes under. Which is nice as it adds validity to what we do.

As always, my disclaimer: These are just my opinions and my experiences. Other people get the same job done by doing it their way.....and just because it is different, doesn't mean its wrong. -Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Hi Shane,

Look forward to it.

I know what you mean - it's the Derren Brown does he or doesn't he hypnotise thing.

The thing is on the whole the people I train and 1 on 1 mentor Want the traditional hypnosis show stuff, because the rest isn't what they are expecting either.

next stage class http://thisishypnosis.com
Books: Deeper and Deeper - the secrets of stage hypnosis
Dvd on amazon.co.uk Stage Hypnosis Masterclass / Dreampilot show directors cut.
Smiles

Jon Chase

suspectacts
View Profile
Elite user
Boston
493 Posts

Profile of suspectacts
Seems like an odd request from a working pro. What will you be using it for?
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Nothing at all Sus. Just seems surprising no one has yet.
Smiles

Jon Chase

Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 13:50, JonChase wrote:

I think it has a lot to do with people do not want to be copied from, want people to pay for it or do not want to be criticized.

I personally do not care as I am married. I have no self esteem or pride left. Just a shell of what used to be a man.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 18:42, Shane Masters wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-14 13:50, JonChase wrote:

I personally do not care as I am married. I have no self esteem or pride left. Just a shell of what used to be a man.-Shane

Now that's entertainment!!
thx Smile
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Your welcome. I will be here all weeek.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You can buy loads of dvds why the fascination with one on the web?
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
No fascination MP

I just wondered is all.

I certainly wouldn't watch yours simply because we don't share the same ideas of what is amussing from what I've seen. But I actually like watching the art you know?
Smiles

Jon Chase

mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well everyone has their own ideas of whats amusing. Im just pleased my most of my audiences think my shows are hilarious. But its true they aren't designed to amuse 12 year olds or 90 year olds. They are specifically targeted for a specific group. And for that purpose I think they are spot on.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah it's a bit like common sense, huh?
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
JonChase
View Profile
Loyal user
Exeter, UK
225 Posts

Profile of JonChase
Hey MP are you a hypnotist or a marketeer?
Smiles

Jon Chase

MatthewH
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MatthewH
Hey Jon
I've found various shows on youtube (most shot pretty poorly though!) by searching for: hypnosis show part
As youtube only lets you put max 10 minutes up, I've found a lot of people popping them up in parts, and adding the word "part" into the search gives you a better set of results. If you find part 1, then the same user has normally posted part 2,3,4 etc.
Hope that helps.
Cheers.
matt
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-10-16 19:46, bobser wrote:

Not very common on here Bobser...It would take all day to point out idiotic posts.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2010-10-17 18:26, JonChase wrote:
Hey MP are you a hypnotist or a marketeer?

Yes aren't you?
Zerububle
View Profile
Elite user
Poole
430 Posts

Profile of Zerububle
Quote:
On 2010-10-18 04:32, mindpunisher wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-16 19:46, bobser wrote:

Not very common on here Bobser...It would take all day to point out idiotic posts.

Indeed. Quite a few seem to be yours Smile
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Well considering the some of the nuts on here I have to speak their language sometimes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Full hypnosis show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL