The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Looking for most common shapes... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
While I am into magic, my wife has recently taken an interest in balloon animals. She is learning a few, but I wanted to inquire to you experienced ballooners, what you think might be the 10 or so most commonly requested shapes, objects, or animals. With a finite number of items to focus on, I think this will help her to focus on some specific goals.

I know nothing about balloon animals, so I need to rely on you guys for guidance here.

I know when I have been to restaurants in the past with my young son, I've seen a lot of hats, swords, dogs, etc..
greatscott
View Profile
Special user
595 Posts

Profile of greatscott
The 10 most requested sculptures from my audiences is: (these are in no specific order) dog, sword, laser gun, horse, ladybug, cat, giraffe, flower, butterfly, and dinosaur.
several of these items can easily be incorporated into a hat, if needed, as well.
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Sword, butterfly, dog, giraffe, fish,gun,cat,flower,ladybug and snake. This is just a guess. The top three for me would be the sword, dog and butterfly. However, I try to talk them into something better.
preston eakins
View Profile
Regular user
battle creek, michigan
184 Posts

Profile of preston eakins
Funny I found this I am currently trying to make a list such as this but was looking into a to 30 and have a few other opinions here is what I have thus far

dog
flower
giraffe
monkey
Mouse
Snake
Swan
cat

baseball hat
flower braclet
dolphin
elephant
frog
heart
parrot on swing
Rabbit
teddy bear
twisty hat

butterfly
dachshund
ducks
fish
dragon
flying mouse
helicopter
Horse
lady bug
motorcycle
Rocket
seagull
shark
Tiger
turtle
viking helmet
I think that is more then 30 but I treally gives you somethign to start with it hink I loved ballooning so much I learned like 13 my first week jsut online hope this helps good luck
Corbett
View Profile
Inner circle
Indiana
1161 Posts

Profile of Corbett
This is great guys. Thank you.
ArtofDeception
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of ArtofDeception
Definitely swords, dogs, teddy bear, heart, flower, cat, butterfly, rabbit and hat.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"
Carl Skenes
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Carl Skenes
There are NO "most common shapes". This question usually comes from a newbie to the ART of balloon sculpting.

When I perform , I'm often asked, "What Balloon Sculpture is most often requested?". My response is, "Whatever they saw me sculpt for the last person." And no, I don't make the same sculpture for everyone. The sky is the limit. Be an artist. Learn more than just a few sculptures, otherwise, you're just another balloon hack.
Jestnjoker
View Profile
Elite user
440 Posts

Profile of Jestnjoker
Carl,

I had been thinking about how to answer this question for a while. I too felt like it was impossible to give an accurate answer. What you said is very true. There is way too much "Keeping up with the Joneses" with balloons. It's actually disheartening to me. I always try to convince them to get something else, and when they don't I often say something out loud about how I thought kids were supposed to have imaginations!

If I am having a repeat night, I'll often not take requests or ask a different question like "What is your favorite color?"

The power of persuasion can be very useful with steering requests though. If you want to steer your customers, just wear 3 cool shapes on your person and they will be your 3 most popular requests of the night. (Monkey or Bird on a shoulder, Flower Bracelet, Silly Hat).
Jeff Wright
www.WrightEntertainment.biz
Voted Best Party Entertainer in Cleveland, Nickelodeon Parents' Picks Awards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Looking for most common shapes... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL