The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Doc Dixon gives us a great update on "Diary of Decision" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
This man has GENUINE class.
I have loads of respect for him and will remain a loyal customer.
This is the way to run a business:

"Hello,

You're getting this email for 2 reasons:

1) You've ordered my Diary of Decision routine

2) The production of this has taken much, much longer than I had anticipated.
Without boring you with moronic detail, the bottom line it was a bad idea for me to plan on a delivery date when project involves producing a hard bound book (which is essentially what the product is) that requires much more attention to detail than a non-prop book while at the same time, I'm in my busiest performing season (for my business that's Sept, Oct, and early November) while I'm moving my wife and 3 kids into a new home that involves extensive renovations.

Long story short -- big delays that are entirely my fault.

So here's what I'd like to offer you to (hopefully) preserve your trust and my reputation. Now that life is saner, I can CLEARLY see a delivery date to you by the end of December. I've actually cushioned that date considerably to insure I'm not making a fool of myself twice.

Here are the options:
1) You receive a no-hassle refund.
2) Or, two, when the product arrives you can get TWO Diaries (one to use and one as a backup, gift or even ebay) OR pick two of any of these items below:
MonkeyShines Vol 1
MonkeyShines Vol 2
Double Decker
Everything is Funnier with Monkeys Ebook
(so you could get the diary and both monkeyshines volumes for the price of the Diary)

I'm doing this because I believe in business saying "I'm sorry" (which I very much am -- very sorry) is just the beginning and a business to go the extra mile to keep clients happy as they deserve to be.

You don't have to make the decision now as this offer has a shelf life of until the Diaries are ready to ship.

I will keep you posted and, again, my deepest apologies.

With respect,

Doc Dixon"
"Is there any point to which you would wish to draw my attention?"
"To the curious incident of the dog in the night-time."
"The dog did nothing in the night-time."
"That was the curious incident," remarked Sherlock Holmes.
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-10-25 18:12, panlives wrote:
This man has GENUINE class.
I have loads of respect for him and will remain a loyal customer.
This is the way to run a business:

"Hello,

You're getting this email for 2 reasons:

1) You've ordered my Diary of Decision routine

2) The production of this has taken much, much longer than I had anticipated.
Without boring you with moronic detail, the bottom line it was a bad idea for me to plan on a delivery date when project involves producing a hard bound book (which is essentially what the product is) that requires much more attention to detail than a non-prop book while at the same time, I'm in my busiest performing season (for my business that's Sept, Oct, and early November) while I'm moving my wife and 3 kids into a new home that involves extensive renovations.

Long story short -- big delays that are entirely my fault.

So here's what I'd like to offer you to (hopefully) preserve your trust and my reputation. Now that life is saner, I can CLEARLY see a delivery date to you by the end of December. I've actually cushioned that date considerably to insure I'm not making a fool of myself twice.

Here are the options:
1) You receive a no-hassle refund.
2) Or, two, when the product arrives you can get TWO Diaries (one to use and one as a backup, gift or even ebay) OR pick two of any of these items below:
MonkeyShines Vol 1
MonkeyShines Vol 2
Double Decker
(so you could get the diary and both monkeyshines volumes for the price of the Diary)

I'm doing this because I believe in business saying "I'm sorry" (which I very much am -- very sorry) is just the beginning and a business to go the extra mile to keep clients happy as they deserve to be.

You don't have to make the decision now as this offer has a shelf life of until the Diaries are ready to ship.

I will keep you posted and, again, my deepest apologies.

With respect,

Doc Dixon"

Re: the message above, Doc is offering any two of the following.

Has anyone purchased these? Recommendations?

MonkeyShines Vol 1
MonkeyShines Vol 2
Double Decker
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Hey Pan,

Everything is Funnier with Monkeys Ebook is one of the, if not the best eBooks I have ever read, and I ave read FAR too many. It is truly superb.

Jon Hackett

P.S I will get round to that other thread, gotta think what to say!
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
panlives
View Profile
Inner circle
2087 Posts

Profile of panlives
Quote:
On 2010-10-26 09:44, Jon Hackett wrote:
Hey Pan,

Everything is Funnier with Monkeys Ebook is one of the, if not the best eBooks I have ever read, and I ave read FAR too many. It is truly superb.

Jon Hackett

P.S I will get round to that other thread, gotta think what to say!

Hi Jon,

Thank you for the feedback.

I look forward to seeing your comments on the Words We Use.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Is this offer available if I pre-order now or only for people that already pre-ordered?

ps. I agree that Monkeys is fantastic.
Caliban
View Profile
Special user
727 Posts

Profile of Caliban
Doc had a pre-order offer that closed on 31st August, so I assume this is just for customers who took advantage of that offer and ordered before then.

Both the Monkeyshines volumes are also fab. Out of this Platform in volume 2 is particularly great if you do stand-up.
Dave1216
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of Dave1216
If you want to watch a quick interview I did with Doc about his ideas of how to do comedy and magic (where he discusses several of the books mentioned above), visit:

http://www.timetobeawesome.com

Scroll down just below the Jon Allen and Shawn Farquhar interviews

David Corsaro
My new DVD ("The magic of David Corsaro") is now available from your favorite dealer. Watch the DVD that Daryl, Jon Allen, Shawn Farquhar, Boris Wild, Marc DeSouza, Asi Wind and Paul Green ALL ENDORSE.

Visit www.timetobeawesome.com to watch the new weekly Video Blog for magicians, "Time to be awesome."
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
First, Panlives, thank you for the kind words.

Second, Eric, the offer was only available to the pre-order group, which is now closed. As I mentioned in the email, my timing for the pre-order, given my work & personal schedule, was not the best choice on my part.

I'll be taking orders for Diary of Decision (which absolutely rocks) when the product is in my hands and not before then.

Best,

Doc

PS: in the meantime, get yourself some ebook fun here: http://www.dixonmagic.com/page9/page9.html
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1378 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Forgive me if there is already a topic on this (I didn't see one from a google search) but has anyone got this yet? Looks great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Doc Dixon gives us a great update on "Diary of Decision" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL