The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Casimir Effect - New Levitation Method from Steve Fearson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
I just found this on YouTube ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLfruLyT-mA

The Casimir Effect uses a brand new method to levitate a playing card. Up close, in full light.
The card is laying absolutely flat on the table, or another card. It is a self contained levitation that uses none of the traditional gimmicks. It lends itself easily to a story about quantum physics and the mysterious phenomenon of the actual Casimir effect.
The card can even levitate while a spectator has their hand on it. Fearson's Casimir Effect uses no threads, wires or magnets. Yes, it looks like magnetic levitation but there are NO MAGNETS used.
The card can even be signed and given to the spectator to keep as a souvenir.
Coming soon!
WALTHER
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
:32-:36 were sped up so he could get into position. looks kinda interesting
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Looks like an older floating card effect. From the 90's....gimmick used F**** E******S
and for $15 it was very clever, but a DOH! moment. This looks identical, but with extra moves. the older version would twist as is floated off the table.
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1048 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2010-10-30 21:43, magicmind wrote:
Looks like an older floating card effect. From the 90's....gimmick used F**** E******S
and for $15 it was very clever, but a DOH! moment. This looks identical, but with extra moves. the older version would twist as is floated off the table.

I was thinking the same thing. Ben Harris put out the item you are talking about.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
At least Steve didn't poke his privates through a bowl of popcorn, like his last video.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2010-10-30 21:53, Micheal Leath wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-10-30 21:43, magicmind wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Ben Harris put out the item you are talking about.

YES...that was it.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Yes, looks like ALIDA, but maybe with a slightly different gimmick, other than our Sl** Rel**** F*** Bl*** (or ear****). The original gimmick allowed for the floating card to revolve in mid-air, something that gave it a little more "life." The ORIGINAL is also fully examinable and the card can be given as a souvenir. I see no difference, other than maybe a gimmick made of a different material. This different material seems to lack the "twisting in mid air" attribute, which seems to make it look rather stiff and rigid (or ATTACHED to something solid).

Here's the original which I was CRUCIFIED over (NOW FOR JUST $5.95 in ebook format, 18 pages, 20 pics from http://www.wowbound com in the downloads section).

Ad copy:

“A cool and animated levitation of a card or dollar bill...
EASY TO MAKE!”

My goodness, this little effect created a ****-storm when it was released in 2000! Anyway, this simple and effective idea was loved by some (see, for example, Richard Kaufman in Genii Magazine), and HATED by others (see, for example, Michael Close in MAGIC Magazine). I relish dividing opinion, and Alida certainly did that.

However, it was also a genuine stepping stone in the thought processes that would eventually lead to “Enlightenment: The Ultimate Floating Card”.

While the physical product is no longer available on dealer’s shelves, (”Enlightenment” made it obsolete, in our opinion), we are very happy to supply a digital version for you to explore. And, there should be no complaints at this price point! Just $5.95

You can easily construct the gimmick at home. And if you work on the “Squeeze-Play” clean-up, you will have a real winner. Try it and see! YOU be the judge.

Cheers

Ben Harris

Over to you, Steve...

Click here to view attached image.
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1394 Posts

Profile of Piers
I performed the 'Casimir Effect' last night.

My wife was most impressed!

Best, Piers Casimir
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Piers,

I'm sure she was. It's a cool idea.

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2126 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Steve has been in contact. Apparently the method is nothing like Alida.

So, my apologies for jumping the gun.

Best wishes for your success with this, Steve!

Cheers

Benny
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
This looks great to me! From what I've been told, the card is self contained... Which is a clear difference from Alida. Alida is great, and I don't know the method for this but if the card is self contained that's enough to intrigue me!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
This looks interesting. Price? Release date?
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
Any news when THE CASIMIR EFFECT will be released?
WALTHER
Chance
View Profile
Inner circle
1385 Posts

Profile of Chance
Not only did I not find it at all mysterious, the angles are terrible, and the gimmick's shadow is even visible at one stage of this video.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I saved that video. Hope Steve doesn't plan on running for mayor.
His kids will get a kick out of it though.
James

Quote:
On 2010-10-30 22:04, DougNicols wrote:
At least Steve didn't poke his privates through a bowl of popcorn, like his last video.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Casimir Effect - New Levitation Method from Steve Fearson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL