The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Help with procedure (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
Hello

I once was aware of a self working procedure which I plan on using for an effect, but have forgotten the specifics and would be very much grateful if someone could remind me of the working. Because of the nature of the request, I can only give a vague recollection of how it worked, but it went something like this:

The participant cuts the deck roughly halfway down, and remembers the card they cut to. The cards are then dealt into 4 (possibly more?) piles and the spectators card is at a known (most of the time) position in one of the piles (i.e. 6th from the face card in any of the four packets). Does anyone recognise this? and could you remind me of how it works? It would be muchly appreciated, a PM is fine if that's necessary.

Cheers,

Ben
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Check out Stop! in Close-Up Card Magic or The Classic Collection, Vol. 1 (by Harry Lorayne). The same effect is in Scarne on Card Tricks, but I don't remember the name of it at the moment. Harry does a much better job of explaining why it works, though. So if you have either of the Lorayne volumes I mentioned, check them out for a thorough explanation.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
'remind' means 'teach'?
I believe Magic Café is not a place to teach secrets of magic.
As fritz-san correctly mentioned the secret is written in the Lorayne book.

Hideo Kato
B. T. Lewis
View Profile
New user
London
59 Posts

Profile of B. T. Lewis
Well, I once knew this procedure, so no. Remind is correct. Thanks the fritz
the fritz
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of the fritz
Anytime.
Pharaoh
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Pharaoh
You might also want to look at 4-5-6 by Al Thatcher. I believe the same principle but in my opinion a much better and easier way of achieving the effect. You can find this in Aldo Colombini's brilliant Impromptu Card Magic ebook.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Help with procedure (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL