The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Heavy load for thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Does anyone know of an itr or reel that can float an object which is about 25 grams/ 1 oz?

It's for a stage effect

Thanks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
That's not very heavy. Have you run any tests? Try what is known as "invisible thread" for quilts, smoke color, available in craft and sewing shops.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, there is fishing thread that would do this for you. I am not into ITR, but most of them could probably handle this weight.

As Pete said, you must test things yourself, if the item is not made for the purpose you want to use.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
I've tested it with my normal itr and with a spider pen, none of them snapped, but they just sink down to the floor. Can I just put a heavier elastic band on or just tighten the existing band up more?

Thanks
Steve
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I have never had any luck changng the bands in a ITR. Not saying that it can't be done, but I'm betting it won't help. Did you put a new battery in the Spider Pen? I used to float a 16 oz foam coffee cup, but I had to put in a new battery before every performance - otherwise it would sink to the floor and not come back up.

Jim
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Not knowing what you want to do or use, I can only suggest the John Kennedy electric reel. It has a very long line and uses a 9 volt battery.

Seems your problem is the power not the line.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Hi Steve,
Sent you a pm.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Steve Fearson has some new stuff that can support a deck of cards called Vectra Line. Look into it. Quite strong.
Official Thread Killer
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2010-11-02 08:52, Stucky wrote:
Steve Fearson has some new stuff that can support a deck of cards called Vectra Line. Look into it. Quite strong.

Yea, I seen it too. It is the strongest I have ever seen. But it does not come on a ITR.
stevegore
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of stevegore
Thanks for the suggestions guys. If you could combine various methods to fool magicians and muggles what would you do?
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Wanna fool magicians? Don't use it to float anything. IT can be used for so much more than Lev.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Heavy load for thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL