The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Group force (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rocky clements
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of rocky clements
I am needing to do an "entire audience" force of an object from four to six choices. It would be best if all the objects stay in play during the routine rather than removing some as the routine progresses. This isn't really my area, so any direction someone could point me to would be appreciated.
tpratt38
View Profile
Loyal user
New Orleans
279 Posts

Profile of tpratt38
Colin Mcleod has a 3 word group force in his new ebook, Banachek psychological subtleties. I can't actually tip any word or object forces, Every one has invested in this knowledge, and knowledge comes with a price. At MindVention this year we had a lecture about keeping are craft protected from those who aren't willing to put in time and money.
If you search psychological forces may something will come up. There is free info but If you invested in either of those above, or even 13 steps to mentalism or practical mental magic. A $20-50 invest will give a $300-500 dollar act.

Use some common objects and some strange objects, ask people which they are drawn to and which position, ask friends and family, and stargers that's what I have done to find new self discovered forces that work.

Hope I have been of help

Tim Allen
Mental Threads....

Invoking your thoughts one thread at a time...

Creator of Voodoo Dowels
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I have a solid psychological word force called Prime, an effect in my upcoming --currently being reviewed-- book "MindCraft: Perceptions". There is a routine in there called Hive Mentality where you mentally force a single word on an entire audience with a near 100% hit rate.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 21:23, DekEl wrote:
I have a solid psychological word force called Prime, an effect in my upcoming --currently being reviewed-- book "MindCraft: Perceptions". There is a routine in there called Hive Mentality where you mentally force a single word on an entire audience with a near 100% hit rate.

just read your ad. sounds very interesting. do you allready have a price for the upcoming script?

is it possible to use it in german language?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Phill Smith details a force called "Quinta" in both his books. It involves 5 objects, and although it doesn't directly involve the entire audience, I get the whole audience into it by asking everyone to think of a number. Then I point to someone to call out their number. I write it down and have that person point to someone else, who calls out their number. I repeat this a few times, generating a series of random numbers that when added together, give me a total. If you know how Quinta works, you'll see how this plays out. Bottom line, since audience members are pointing out other audience numbers, everyone has the sense that they are involved and could be called on.
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
Could you not just number the objects from 1 to 6 and then use a psychological number force to choose the object? You might want to avoid letting the audience know what the objects are before choosing their numbers as the objects might influence their choices.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Think of a number between 1 and 10. Double it. Add 12. subtract 8. Take away twice the number you first thought of. You're left with 4.

Just dress it up a little more...!

Barry
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I'm not entirely sure. I've been trying at any rate -- someone else wanted it in German as well. It's quite nice; there are so many ways to present it; and it's propless and impromptu.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Confirmation; yes it will work in German.
Patr!ck
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Patr!ck
Yes, I wanted it in German.
Can't wait to read the reviews.

All the best

Patr!ck
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
Thanks to some notes from two reviewers, and ideas spurred from their ideas, and just messing and performing the effect, Prime has expanded greatly to about 16 or 17 pages.

The German translation; while working, and just as fast --two choices--, is more transparent, so the group force in German; while it would work virtually 100% of the time, is not as fair, as I am not proficient in German. I also made a Spanish adaptation, that actually works better than the English version.

MindCraft itself has expanded from its original 35 or 36 to 42, and growing. Still waiting to hear from three of the reviewers.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-11-03 21:23, DekEl wrote:

I like Hive Mentality and hope to use it soon!

Decomposed
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Since you are talking about large audience forces, I have something even more devastating, but along the similar lines of large audience thought control. It's called Inconceivable, and I've just made it available. No math, no counting... This may be my best work ever, even more substantial than Standing Between Objects. Or it might be a tie... I don't know.

About 8 people in the audience think of anything in the world, and I tell them their thoughts, one at a time, with a sort of kicker at the end, where the last person's thought is revealed differently than the rest. So direct, so clean.

Thanks,

Jimmy
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
910 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2010-11-09 12:54, magic4545 wrote:
Since you are talking about large audience forces, I have something even more devastating, but along the similar lines of large audience thought control. It's called Inconceivable, and I've just made it available. No math, no counting... This may be my best work ever, even more substantial than Standing Between Objects. Or it might be a tie... I don't know.

About 8 people in the audience think of anything in the world, and I tell them their thoughts, one at a time, with a sort of kicker at the end, where the last person's thought is revealed differently than the rest. So direct, so clean.

Thanks,

Jimmy

where to buy?
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
I'm not supposed to be advertising here, although I would like to do paid advertising here, the Magic Café proprietors have always ignored my requests to pay them money to advertise.

The only way that more information can get to the readers is if someone posts a review of Inconceivable.

I have pm'd you my website.

Thanks for your interest, I'm very excited about this piece. I will be performing it and having the booklet available at my lecture at Crystal's Pizza this Sunday in Fort Worth, Texas.
If it works well with a large group of magicians, I see quite a few people doing this in the future.

Jimmy Fingers
tonyf
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of tonyf
I am interested also
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 12:08, magic4545 wrote:
I'm not supposed to be advertising here, although I would like to do paid advertising here, the Magic Café proprietors have always ignored my requests to pay them money to advertise.

The only way that more information can get to the readers is if someone posts a review of Inconceivable.

I have pm'd you my website.

Thanks for your interest, I'm very excited about this piece. I will be performing it and having the booklet available at my lecture at Crystal's Pizza this Sunday in Fort Worth, Texas.
If it works well with a large group of magicians, I see quite a few people doing this in the future.

Jimmy Fingers

What time is the lecture Jimmy?

Decomp
San Antonio
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I haven't seen the Café having any trouble with non affiliates posting links (it's done hundreds of times a day).

http://www.jimmyfingers.com/incon.htm

It reminds me very much of something you could find in PME, probably with a nice twist. Anyone who's read similar works will know exactly what I'm talking about.

Jimmy's work -- Between Obejects -- is shere genius; some of my original, albeit discarded ideas that sparked Thought Dueling were based on a principle Jimmy created in his effect and I would highly recommend it.
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Hi Decomp, DekEl, and all...

The lecture is at 2pm in Fort Worth, but I'm told to get there at 1 for the buffet first. Anybody who has seen me in the last 5 years knows that I probably need to show up at 2pm, and skip the buffet, LOL!!!

Thanks for the nice words, DekEl, I appreciate the plug, since I shouldn't be giving it.

I'm so excited about Inconceivable. It's been several years since I've published anything, because I just don't want to become a 'publish or perish' kind of guy. I want to only publish work that is as clever once you know how it works as it is perceived by the audience.

Inconceivable should not only be in your act for large audiences. It should also expand you understanding and ability of what you COULD be doing more of with the rest of your ideas and material. I hope that the readers of this manuscript are inspired, but also pushed beyond anything that they've ever tried to do before.

This text gives you all of the tools to do the impossible. I have priced it high to keep it out of the hands of hobbyists and curiosity seekers. Also, overexposure of this technique, even without exposure, will dilute the effectiveness in certain markets and venues. However, these people, the hobbyists and curiosity seekers, will STILL appreciate the material, and, yet, they will never be as appreciative as the pro who goes out and works it, live. All should appreciate it who see it.

I assure you that you have never seen live, current mentalists doing the level of real work that you will be doing when you study and execute this material. So many levels of this will help you, in everything that you perform on stage.

Thanks for your interest in this piece!

Jimmy Fingers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Group force (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL