The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Linking wav files to a key on the keyboard (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Anyone know or use a good program to assign music files or sound effects to a key on your laptop keyboard. I am going to use a few sound effects but nothing major that would have me purchasing a sampler. my goal is to have the assistant push the keys a few times during the program to get the sound effect. Is there a program available online to download for free use or is it a pay tp play programonly. Your thoughts.... thanks in advance.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I once ran across a program called "Keyboard Jingles", or something like that. Best I can remember, it would let you assign sounds to individual keys.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
Try this one, it's very easy to use:

http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/soundboard/index.html

To play sound 1, press the "1" on the keyboard, and across the top for the 1 through 0 keys. And then again across for the Q through P keys.

A more sophisticated program is Soundplant:
http://www.soundplant.org/index.html

It's used professionally. Not as easy to use but many more options.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Haas and Clinton, Thanks for taking the time to suggest these links and programs. I will research all 3 in a bit, I am wanting to assign my personal wav files or mp3's to the keystroke, I think Keyboard jingles just uses sound effects you can download, not sure, seems like I will have to go back into the cyberspace and research. I will let you know what I come up with. Thanks again for taking the time to chime in with the program and the links, very helpful.

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 9:02pm
Clinton, I checked out keyboard Jingles, this program applies typewriter sounds to your keyboard. its a cute program for fun on your keyboard while typing, gives you that old fashioned typewriter feeling. Using it now and going nuts. also has fun sound that is applied to the mouse. Jeff,your 2 links are great for what I am needing. Soundboard gives you a set of already applied keys to use, you just need to assign the wav files to those keys, it is simple and easy to use and can load up multiple key patterns for different schemes. The soundplant is wild. you can assign any keys with this bad boy. I believe you get to use it 25 times then you have to register for 35 bucks to keep it and get way more with the program. . 2 great links I will use the soundboard for my 4 sound effect additions for now. I could just put all my sound effects on my Showtech but my disc is already so full, and I would hate to have to reprogram right now. Thanks so much for the tips you guys. a new toy to play with.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Here's a link (it's called "Jingle Keys):

http://jinglekeys.com/jinglekeys/

The description says that you can substitute your own sounds for the typewriter clicks.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Thanks Clinton, I am on my way tro check it out. plus I just discovered the soundplant says 25 uses, well that is 25 uses with all the grand functions. then after that you get the basic package for free with the upgrade back up for the 35 bucks, which means I would still get the key assignments for my sounds, just not get the perks such as editing wave files etc. in that program. these are all greaT TIPs. I am on my way to check out the jingle keys.
Ola
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia / Sweden
245 Posts

Profile of Ola
Try out Cue Player....

Here is a link:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/......er.shtml
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you are all the same...
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Ola, Thanks for the tip, on my way to check it out.

Posted: Nov 12, 2010 1:46pm
Thanks to everyone that chimed in here with all the great links, you folks were a great help with my issue. Thanks again to the Café family.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Linking wav files to a key on the keyboard (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL