The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Looking for inexpensive handouts? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
FYI: At the "Family Dollar" stores in SW Michigan at least in their toy section they have two great deals I've found. They are selling Fantasma trick decks (one is a marked deck, the other is a changing deck) WITH an instructional DVD included with many tricks on it for the whopping price of $2. Or, you can get for $5 the complete Fantasma Magic Kit which includes an instructional DVD, cups and balls, pencil frame, boomerangs, wand, coin paddle, trick quarter, candy tube and much more. Wow. I have no idea how you can manufacture and ship all this for $5, let alone make a profit on it. So these might be "quality" handouts to any young volunteers that you use in your programs- much better than the "big dollar" handout that I have used in the past.
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Those are some great suggestions. Thanks.

I used a handout for a long time that was illustrated and had several effects they could do/make. It was a legal sized page folded twice so the ind result was 3.5 by 8.5. One panel, the back when folded up, had contact information on it. These were quite popular with the kids.

The Origami Effect just out by Andrew Mayne can leave an audience member with an origami rabbit (have had a blast making those) and even has one effect where it looks like you are doing a torn and restored newspaper effect only to have it end up as a large origami rabbit which becomes a "Rocky the Raccoon" type bit. That too can be handed out.
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
For yeasr I have given out Adair's Butterfly. Though not magic, it is magical to most spectarors, especially kids. It cost pennies and gives them something to show to friends without revealing any magic.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Looking for inexpensive handouts? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL