The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The World's Most Expensive Coin in Bottle routine (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Wonderful routine mr payne
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Thought it would be worth bumping up this old thread for anyone that may have missed this video. I just
watched it again for what might be the 5th or 6th time. It does remind me of my childhood/mail order magic
days. But it's even current today, considering how many producers of magic come out with Version 2 or 3, Gold, or
Titanium editions of everything.
bobthemagicdoerguy
View Profile
Regular user
I can't remember where I left my
186 Posts

Profile of bobthemagicdoerguy
This is why I love magic. One effect as a 12 minute routine. Pure entertainment.

You, sir, are amazing.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
"..... I could have FRIENDS! "

Classic! And it doesn't get old. But maybe only for folks that actually bought stuff out of a Johnson-Smith or Banner's catalog?

Definitely belongs as part of a 'Magic 101' course. How to entertain/present vs simply 'show a trick'.

Also a great example of engaging the audience and getting them on your side vs challenging them with a puzzle.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Thanks for the compliments and support. The video is almost up to 3000 views. Which is going Viral in my book Smile Well at last as viral as a 12 minute video could go. It's also a clear illustration as to why I'll never get asked to go on AGT. There's simply no way I could compress this routine down to the ninety seconds of hard hitting effect only presentations they are looking for.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
patrickmg
View Profile
New user
South Florida
57 Posts

Profile of patrickmg
Thanks for bringing back this thread to life, I enjoyed discovering this video.
That's the second video of you that I've watched in a short period of time, and it make me searching for more.
Great job. That the kind of magic show I like.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-07-13 19:15, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-07-13 15:35, BanzaiMagic wrote:
I didn't go to the IBM this year, but I heard from a member of my ring that went who said that you made quite an impression. Great work.

Next time, let us know before you perform!

Regards,

Alan

But if I told you what I was doing before I went that would spoil the suprise. Smile

This routine plays best if you don't know what's coming.

Actually, I just meant performing generally. I would have gone to that convention.

Surely you wouldn't mind having a couple extra "fans" cheering you on.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2012-12-18 15:03, patrickmg wrote:
Thanks for bringing back this thread to life, I enjoyed discovering this video.
That's the second video of you that I've watched in a short period of time, and it make me searching for more.
Great job. That the kind of magic show I like.

Here's another one I like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx85OGLjxWY
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Realize this is an older thread, but I just now stumbled across the YouTube video of the routine. Genius! It's fun, it's cynical, it's inspired. But then it ends with a genuine magic moment.

Can't imagine a better routine to perform for a bunch of magicians who will fully appreciate the continuing story of hope and the heartbreak. And also the youthful, misplaced faith in magic as a path to social standing.

I've had one of those giant glass Coke bottles sitting in my basement for two years now - got it because it looked cool and I figured I'd figure out a routine for it eventually. But now I see that the perfect routine has already been done, so maybe it's time to sell it.

Thanks, Master Payne, for sharing that truly entertaining routine.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Glad you enjoyed the routine. I had the great fortune to perfom this at MAGIC Live this last year where I recieved many great compliments for the routine.

For those wishing to catch it live I'll probably be doing it at the TAOM convention this year.
Steven Webb
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Steven Webb
This routine was absolutely phenomenal! I watched a lot of other things you did and loved them. Great humor, great timing, great tricks. Perfect!
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
Brilliant!!!

Thanks for sharing.
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2012, Thetruthteller wrote:
Wow, That was fun. Why don't they book novel acts like these at conventions?

This is a very good question. I would love to see this kind of entertainment also at the conventions. This is entertainment at its finest.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Now that we can embedd video on the Café I can finally post my routine in this thread just in case some folk haven't seen it

MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
That was even better the second time through. Your timing and delivery are spot-on, as are the graphics on those "vintage" ads you had made up. Great, great stuff.

The spirit of the whole routine reminds me a bit of this book, which I gave away in bulk as Christmas presents last year - it tells the truth about all of those "amazing" items that were sold in the back of comic books in the 1970's: http://www.amazon.com/Mail-Order-Mysteri......book+ads
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The World's Most Expensive Coin in Bottle routine (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL