The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Derren Brown's 'Enigma' DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
If I remember correctly, the lottery was one 10 min show (the actual prediction) followed by a 1 hour show the following friday (might have been a different day)
then for the following 3 weeks there were more 1 hour specials. The material would be for example, if he was trying to use remote viewing as a concept, he might do some examples of remote viewing and a build up to the main event. I thought they were well made shows but the content I felt was a little under his usual standard (simple concepts or not actually using any mentalism or the effects I like him for)

On youtube the videos I am talking about are hosted under the branch of 4od (channel 4 on demand) so they may only be available in the UK but I assume there are other user submitted videos on there too. I will maybe check what videos are on it and can give a link later, I've been re-watching the earlier stuff and I think it's far better. I would recommend them to anyone.
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Adam,

Thank you for the very informative update!

Tom
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
http://www.youtube.com/4oDEntertainment

if you look on the list there are different series of Derren Brown, and it's all legal to watch but might just be available in the UK

3 of the events are in series 10 of the thing called the Events, the other series there are most of the other specials like the heist, the gathering etc, if you can watch it it really is a great place

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=Bcxsesty1e8&s=10

direct link (hopefully) the other series can be accessed after "load more" on the first link
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Adam,

Thank you again for the links, but as you suggested the videos are not available here in the US! Oh, well !!

Tom
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Amazon UK now lists Derren Brown's 'Live Collection' as a three DVD set including 'Something Wicked This Way Comes,' 'An Evening of Wonders,' and 'Enigma.'

Tom
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 09:56, zgecko wrote:
Exciting news! Derren Brown's latest stage production, 'Enigma,' directed by Andy Nyman, will be released on DVD in the UK on January 10.

I suspect it will not be available in the US any time soon, if at all, but the UK (PAL) version can be watched on a region-free DVD player (available at places like Amazon and Buy.com).

I was fortunate to see two performances of 'Enigma' when it played the West End about 18 months ago. He is such a fine actor (and you become so involved with his stories), I felt the need to see the performance a second time to have some idea of what was really going on! I have been waiting for the DVD ever since!!

Tom

So if I order a DVD from Amazon UK, will it work on my DVD player in the States? Thanks
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
The UK (PAL) version can be watched on a region-free DVD player (available at places like Amazon and Buy.com)
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
zgecko
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of zgecko
Brehaut,

Another consideration is the fact that (even with a region-free DVD player) PAL disks will usually not play on older US TV sets. Flat screen monitors, and most newer model TVs, should not be a problem.

Tom
alpha alex
View Profile
Special user
774 Posts

Profile of alpha alex
Quote:
On 2010-12-10 11:42, brehaut wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-11-10 09:56, zgecko wrote:
Exciting news! Derren Brown's latest stage production, 'Enigma,' directed by Andy Nyman, will be released on DVD in the UK on January 10.

I suspect it will not be available in the US any time soon, if at all, but the UK (PAL) version can be watched on a region-free DVD player (available at places like Amazon and Buy.com).

I was fortunate to see two performances of 'Enigma' when it played the West End about 18 months ago. He is such a fine actor (and you become so involved with his stories), I felt the need to see the performance a second time to have some idea of what was really going on! I have been waiting for the DVD ever since!!

Tom

So if I order a DVD from Amazon UK, will it work on my DVD player in the States? Thanks

if it doesn't.. you could always use vlc player on your computer. Smile
guitarmagic
View Profile
Elite user
Southern Louisiana
425 Posts

Profile of guitarmagic
Thanks for the info lunatik!!! I enjoy Mr. Brown's work immensely . . .
Why is it that on one side of the world a person looks at a picture of the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks so real." At the same time on the other side of the world a person looks at the Grand Canyon and says, "it looks like a picture."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Derren Brown's 'Enigma' DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL