The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Blackbox? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pslaughter
View Profile
Loyal user
270 Posts

Profile of pslaughter
I was just wondering if anybody has heard of these guys?

http://www.blackboxwholesale.com

Saw them in a kiosk at our local mall. Their packaging looks great, but the poor russian girl trying to pitch was just awful. Looks like they are pitching svens, stips, and IT kits. Their prices seemed a bit high, $40 for a dvd, deck, and some printed stuff in a nice box. They were also selling a magic kit for $150 that seemed to have a combo of the above, but I'm not really sure. The prices seemed a bit high to me for an impulse buy, but man it sure makes me feel better about asking for $10!

Anyway I was just curious if you guys had heard of them

Thanks!
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I don't know where, but I have heard of them before.

Very overpriced. $40 for a Svengali Deck and DVD? I don't know about anyone else, but I do $10, and that's with a 2 card monte. At $40, I don't see wholesale being reasonable. I hope it is at least Bicycle cards. In gold.
-Matt
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1790 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
They aren't Russian they are Israeles and they are in malls all over America.Carl used to wholesale squirmles to them.He hates doing bussiness with them as they are so pushy.They try to ware you down to get a better price.Several times Carl just hung up on them.I have seen them in malls and don't even stop to say hello.

Later,Don
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I have spoken to the guys selling 'Mr. Fuzzy' at the mall once. They tried to demo to me and I said 'I have cases of them at home.' They were confused and asked if I sell them, and how much. The guy almost fell off his seat when I said $4. They were selling them for $15.
-Matt
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
A Google search brought up a video of them revealing the levitation kit on Youtube. Not just someone who bought it and uploaded it, but Black Box themselves. Nice.
-Matt
Roger_Staton
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Roger_Staton
I worked for a kiosk at the mall and it was just a terrible experience black box is a rip off for sure
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
They had purchased 1000 lite up thumbs and 800 decks of Svengali decks from me
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Blackbox? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL