The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pen Through Note (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi Guys

OK, I have been thinking of changing a few things around and was wondering if anyone still does pen though note? Do you think this still gets good reactions (Providing a good presentation is in play) or do you think that it has become far to common knowledge?

I'm interested to know if many people still do this, as here in the UK I hardly see any workers doing this anymore.
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi truesoldier,

I still do Pen through Note all the time as part of my floating note routine. it still gets a wonderful reaction. I use the Cornelius Perfect pen.

Michael J
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Thanks for the response Michael, it's really appreciated.

I like your thinking of combining it with a floating bill effect (Very Nice) The only thing that would concern me is the thread breaking.

The pen through note / bill is a nice effect, I was just concerned that it may have been over exposed and that it would really hit hard with people anymore. However as with everything, I guess with the right presentation it can still be a true masterpiece.

P.S Just out of curiosity, what part of the UK are you from?
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Quote:
On 2010-11-15 05:31, Michael J wrote:
Hi truesoldier,

I still do Pen through Note all the time as part of my floating note routine. it still gets a wonderful reaction. I use the Cornelius Perfect pen.

Michael J

I also like the perfect pen style of pen through bill as the spectator can handle the pen with no switch being necessary.

-Paul
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi truesoldier,

I'm from Braintree near Chelmsford, Essex. If my thread happens to break which very rarely it does, I also use the pen through note as a get out by saying that the note is a fake one and then prove it by doing Pen through Note.

I also agree with Paul Rathbun that the spectator can handle the pen with no switch being necessary.

Michael J
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
I will often follow Sankeys Travelling Expenses with the Cornelius Perfect Pen. It makes for a superb finish to the holes in a note changing places.
Twice someone has commented that they "know the pen trick" but this is in hundreds of performances and to those who don't, it's a staggering finish.
Adam1975
View Profile
Special user
UK
900 Posts

Profile of Adam1975
Think it works best as an "incidental" effect rather than a main feature....someone did shout "magnet" once when I was doing it....
Ive upped my standards.Now,up yours!
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Thanks for sharing your views guys, it's really appreciated.

Michael, sounds like a few of the other guys recommend the Cornelius Perfect Pen as well. Do you mind letting me know where you got your from as most of the ones I see are the plastic type.

Thanks Again Everyone
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Slightly Off topic, but does anyone know who sells those gimmicks in the "Mont Blanc" style?

Thanks!
Gaddy
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Cornelius use to make one in that style, don't know if he still does.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Michael J
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
334 Posts

Profile of Michael J
Hi truesoldier

I got my Perfect Pen from Davenports Magic Shop. Here's the link and search for Perfect Pen in the Close Up section.

http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk/

All the best

Michael J
truesoldier
View Profile
Inner circle
1191 Posts

Profile of truesoldier
Hi Michael, just PM'd you.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Now that Criss Angel has a pen through bill(REALLY poor quality) for sale in drugstores,Walmarts,etc.

I wonder how it will effect those who perform the effect?

Mike
james prince
View Profile
Loyal user
England
233 Posts

Profile of james prince
I don't perform the effect myself but a Magician local to me, Ian Kirk, told me he has been having problems with the over exposure of this

Like the above he uses it as part of a longer sequence of effects and so the damage is limited

Having said that he is looking into substituting Mis-lead for the pen

James
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
I really like the Pen Through effects. I also agree with everyone above that there has been a lot of exposure over the years. Yet, I still perform it and do well with it. I recently created a new pen through effect using a light pen. I really like this method because the light penetrates the bill selling the pen actually penetrating the bill. It is totally examinable before and after the effect (this is the final touch that I just put on it). PM me if you'd like to see a quick demo.
chada13
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of chada13
I really like the Pen Through effects. I also agree with everyone above that there has been a lot of exposure over the years. Yet, I still perform it and do well with it. I recently created a new pen through effect using a light pen. I really like this method because the light penetrates the bill selling the pen actually penetrating the bill. It is totally examinable before and after the effect (this is the final touch that I just put on it). PM me if you'd like to see a quick demo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Pen Through Note (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL