The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Fee plus travel costs a practical way to price Show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Flat fee is easiest. Why confuse your customer, and perhaps even raise the question that you might be upselling a tad just to make a few $$$ at their expense.

BUT ....

... the only time that I can think where it might play negatively is where somebody may think, "That son of a gun charged me more than the other guy!" not realizing that you built in travel. Unless they mention it to you, you will never know. Is this likely to happen? Who knows ...
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
DON'T TELL ANYONE about a charge for mileage. Keep it to yourself.

Before I retired, I'd tell anyone who opened a call with "how much is your show?" that each show is priced individually according to the client's needs, location, etc. (The 'etc' would secretly include whether this was a holiday season or other high-demand season, and whether the show they wanted fit into a convenient pattern with an existing engagement, like an hour later and a mile from an already-booked show).

Then I'd do my figuring quickly in my head, based on the size and length of show, travel requirements and the other factors I've just mentioned, including a little 'flex' to allow me in need to offer a small discount as an incentive. ("I COULD offer you a $25 discount if you book today and get me a 50% deposit by [date].")
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
As a professional speaker, I charge my speaking fee PLUS travel.

As a magician, I have not yet begun to do much travel...but I would think that the same formula would work. In fact, I am going to combine my skills as a Catholic speaker and an illusionist on some occasions...a whole new dimension to my ministry.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Fee plus travel costs a practical way to price Show? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL