The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Too Good Not to Share (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I had a strolling job last night for an engagement party. I always call my client when I am about to leave the house. "Hey this is Jamie and I just wanted to let you know I am on my way." Client - "Great, also, can you do something in front of everyone and trick my fiancée in proposing again?" Me - "Sure, see you in forty minutes!"

I have literally 10 minutes to decide what I will do. Here is what I came up with:

At the appropriate time, I thanked everyone for joining the couple to celebrate the Magic of love. I asked the bride to hold up her hand so we could see the ring. She did and everyone went oooooooh! I said, "He want to Jarrod!" I showed both sides of a handkerchief. I had her remove the ring and hand it to me. I then placed the ring in under the handkerchief and had the groom hold it.

I reached into my pocket to get my wand, performed a flourish and yanked the cloth away to show the ring had vanished. I then asked to bride to be to hold up her hand as the ring had returned to her finger! Of course it was not there and I commented "That would have been GREAT!" Then I said "Well they all can't be winners, give them a nice round of applause. Of course they did not leave.

I reached in my jacket pocket to remove my "passport" wallet since I sometimes have to leave the country in a hurry! Open the wallet, open a zippered compartment, removed a sealed envelop marked return to sender. I ripped the envelop open and dumped out the ring in the groom's hand and asked "Is that the ring yes or no! He said yes and the audience applauded.

I then said re-create the moment when you placed the ring on your fiancées finger and he got down on one knee and placed the ring back on in front of everyone!

Another satisfied customer and the father of the bride tipped an extra $100.00!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Congratulations!

Sounds like you gave them what they wanted.

- Mary Mowder
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Nice thinking and nice outcome!!
When reading your post I thought you were going to perform Interlace.
I liked the "return to sender" envelope.

Just goes to show you we have to be creative to satisfy those last minute requests.

Thanks for sharing
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
They also have booked me for the wedding reception so I would say it worked out great!

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
That was fast thinking and obviously it has worked out well for you and them.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Sweet. I am not sure what I would have done in that circumstance. But your solution worked fantastic. Good job.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I thought about my ring in gumball machine but I was hired for close-up and did not want to take a large case with music cues, etc.

Definitely a keeper!

JS
Jamie Salinas
moechsle
View Profile
New user
Ã…rhus, Denmark
41 Posts

Profile of moechsle
Great and inspiring story, thanks for sharing this.

Kim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Too Good Not to Share (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL