The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Bye bye deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicNut
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of MagicNut
My idea would go like this. Magi does a trick with a deck of cards. The magician puts the deck into the case. Magi then proceeds to toss deck into the air then it visibly vanishes into thin air.

Maybe a stage, and the black magic principle would work here.

Now here is how I might go about achieving this effect. First I would have a flat panel tv screen (high resolution) hanging by black thin wires.

I would have first created a clip animated using computer imagery of a deck moving upward and then vanishing in the air.

When the Magi throws the deck up he aims for a basket behind the screen that will catch it. Somehow there would be a way to time this so that the tv will play the clip as the deck of cards is tossed behind the screen.

Of course the screen cannot be seen because of the black art principle.

Actually you can use some other object besides a deck of cards.
Ramsay
View Profile
Special user
England
638 Posts

Profile of Ramsay
Or maybe a topit?

Less hi tech but as effective in all situations, nothing to fail you either..other than technique anyway...lol

L.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Use a topit or Suspended Dimension. Use Paul Harris vanishing deck with one card.
Bong780
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
172 Posts

Profile of Bong780
I read upon your post and an idea come up in my mind. I'm not sure it's been done or not but here it is, this is a way to reveal a card:

A selection is chosen and put in the deck, then magi throws the deck on the TV screen (or LCD screen), the screen shows a pile of card is thrown and scatter around while the card case sticks on the TV screen (or on the stage floor), magi picks up the case and only the selected card remain in the case. The other cards apparently goes into the TV screen.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Bye bye deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL