The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tricks for a restuarant (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic_Man101
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Magic_Man101
What are some good tricks for a restaurant that are 15-20 dollars a pice and can fill about 3 minutes
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
A deck of cards and a few sponge balls. Maybe a sharpie if you want to do an ambitious card routine.
What kind of restaurant? What's the ambience like?
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Magic_Man101
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Magic_Man101
Pizza hut
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sponge Rabbits, Tamariz Rabbits, Silver Copper Brass Coin trick, Jumping Gems, Finger Ring off Rope, card to wallet, Ellis Ring.

Mainly, you want effects that are basicly reset for the next table when you are done performing for the current table.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Tricks using your business cards. You can pass them out after the trick.
J. Whittaker
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of J. Whittaker
Pick up a copy of Stars of Magic. It is not $15-20 but it is full of great magic that fills the bill. If you master every trick in that book you could have a working set that would last you a lifetime of performances. Every routine in it is a hit, plus you will not spend a fortune putting the material inside it together!
unclesamayen
View Profile
Elite user
Taiwan
459 Posts

Profile of unclesamayen
Color Monte
Holy Moly + Holy Stretch
Ambitious Card Routine
Comedy, Mental, Busking.
Performing magic for the blinds.
http://youtu.be/nW3O0nucQUI
Busking in Mong Kok
http://youtu.be/WqohXqTxRVU
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hot Rod
Crazy Mans Handcuffs
Color Monte
Deck of cards
Invisible Deck
TT
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Don't make the same mistake so many of us did when starting. Don't buy tricks, just have props. You want to work from your pockets and do more with less. I do 3 hours of walk around with a deck of cards, 4 half dollars, wand inside my breast pocket and a marker. With these few props I have about 35 different items to pick and choose from.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
If you don't have this kind of material already, why did you book the gig?
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 01:44, Bill Palmer wrote:

See, this is why bill should be president.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
893 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 01:44, Bill Palmer wrote:

Such a silly question, you don't really want an answer do you?

In fact, your question is almost as silly as this previous answer
Quote:
On 2010-11-24 22:49, J. Whittaker wrote:
Pick up a copy of Stars of Magic. It is not $15-20 but it is full of great magic that fills the bill. If you master every trick in that book you could have a working set that would last you a lifetime of performances. Every routine in it is a hit, plus you will not spend a fortune putting the material inside it together!

That is an old book, no one is doing that stuff anymore, it is 2010 and almost 2011.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes, Lord help us if anyone should actually USE any material that's more than two or three months old! I mean, all of those guys in that book are DEAD, for Pete's sake! And I understand that the card tricks will only work with genuine Tally-Ho! playing cards.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 17:59, Bill Palmer wrote:
Yes, Lord help us if anyone should actually USE any material that's more than two or three months old! I mean, all of those guys in that book are DEAD, for Pete's sake! And I understand that the card tricks will only work with genuine Tally-Ho! playing cards.

I thought Pete's Sake was still alive?
Tally Who playing cards?
I'm with you, Bill - I bought Stars of Magic because I heard it contained some of the best material ever conceived, yet couldn't find a single trick with Black Tigers OR the Raven. I don't get it - how did this Die Vernun guy vanish an iPhone without a Gecko? Don't even get me started on the fact that it didn't even come with a DVD. Words and pictures? What is this, the 80s???

Those were all the responses I could come up with.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Come on, you can do better than that!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
It's 1AM in England! Give a guy a break, Bill!
Or go bug my cousin in Sugarland - she can be funny at times. I'll tell her a dude dressed like Merlin will be knocking on her door in about 15 minutes.
J. Whittaker
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of J. Whittaker
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 17:59, Bill Palmer wrote:

Skills, are for suckers, one word "Trick decks... lots of um"! and most cost around $15-20... That will keep you working for years!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2010-11-26 20:08, Andrewzuber wrote:
It's 1AM in England! Give a guy a break, Bill!
Or go bug my cousin in Sugarland - she can be funny at times. I'll tell her a dude dressed like Merlin will be knocking on her door in about 15 minutes.

1 AM? That's basically like 6:00 PM for me!

I'm only a few miles from Sugarland. The costume doesn't fit any more, though!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

aaronharp88
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of aaronharp88
The rubber bands that pass through each other I'm not sure of the exact name but I use that sponge balls, Svengalli deck "bicycle" fanta stick and a cut and restored rope and I'm set to go. Not to much to carry.
Posted: Nov 27, 2010 8:15pm
Also use a regular deck of playing cards right there is an unlimited amount of magic that can be performed if your feeling frisky add in something like the mind control trick. lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Tricks for a restuarant (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL