The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Brian Tudors Generation X DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2003-08-01 06:31, Jemy wrote:
I have show off 2 and i have difficulty to do correctly the ytbn cause my finger are not long enough i guess, I will pass my way on this dvd for the moment and practice more the one I have.
Thanks ewokforhire to be helpfull
Smile

I got the same problem with the last part of YTBN cut too, I'm trying to get it but very slow, our thumps are short but I think we can make it longer if we practice more and more than that, I feel like I could do it but gatta take very long time to get the speed.

-The Routine UPSIDE-DOWN was really cool, I love it too !

Peace,

Bone.
Email: bone@boneho.com

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I just got this and really thought it was a waste. The explainations are really hard to learn from, and the material, mmm, the flourshes were ok, but mostly speed cuts. His fans were pretty bad for fan standards. The magic was also pretty bad, even laymen could see much of what was happening. Looked like he was doing sleights for sleights sake. Even if you did see something you liked, there was no idex for learning, you had to scan all the way through, and when you found it, it was most likely to be bad angles, non-sync words, and blurry footage. I give it a 4/10.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Whatever,

The teaching is not that clear
I still think the Performance is beautiful, can say his magic is kind of Showing off too, but Laymen can't see. You can because you are not Laymen. Tudor's magic proves to people that "I'm using Skill", not magical and it's for showing off.

You will see it's interesting if you've learnt his first video.

Peace boy.

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
The laymen I was with saw alot of it! That's when I knew that it couldn't be good. Sleights are good when not over used, just like flourishes, unfortunately he overuses both in my oppinion.
ewokforhire
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of ewokforhire
phantomace, your saying the flourishes on this vid are 'ok', what flourishes can u do that are so great that these are barley ok to you? also how is brians fans being bad in your opionion relevent to anything, its a teaching video..
chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
Quote:
On 2003-08-07 02:03, Bone wrote:
Whatever,

The teaching is not that clear
I still think the Performance is beautiful, can say his magic is kind of Showing off too, but Laymen can't see. You can because you are not Laymen. Tudor's magic proves to people that "I'm using Skill", not magical and it's for showing off.

You will see it's interesting if you've learnt his first video.

Peace boy.

this is very well said by Bone, Laymen are blind to sleights, becoming a good performer is realizing that the sleights you do Laymen don't realize your doing, they don't know what a break is or a pass...to them its your hands and a pack of cards nothing tricky.
ewokforhire
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of ewokforhire
well said chris, when brian does his passes you can see the break, but if you don't know what a pass is you wont realize what happened. (i don't think its good hes showing a break, but still laymen wont notice.)
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:
On 2003-08-07 23:56, ewokforhire wrote:
phantomace, your saying the flourishes on this vid are 'ok', what flourishes can u do that are so great that these are barley ok to you? also how is brians fans being bad in your opionion relevent to anything, its a teaching video..

Ewok,

I believe that Phantom has mentioned about BAD HABIT SPLIT FAN, and Tudor's right hand half packet fan in the video wasn't a perfect fan, for me I don't care about that fan, but ... The point here is "Phantom just wanna mention and run down the worst things of the Tudor's performance and "Brian Tudor" but doesn't care about the whole quality of the video."

The word "OK", I really think Phantom just does Superhandz meterial which is more difficult and can beat up Tudor's meterial, that's why it's Too Simple for him. Just a thought.

Peace,

Bone. Smile

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
I do Superhandz material? I just heard of Supehandz from your post the other day from Bone. I haven't even seen their vids yet (I only saw the handlordz instructionals) so I don't have a clue what your talking about! - but I am going to try to watch them tonight. Are they that good?

I do magic! And I enjoy a flourish or two.

To answer the questions, you don't know what fans have to do with it? He TEACHES fans, and they are not proper technique, and not good!

And laymen CAN see what he is doing with his effects, his technique was so bad! Not all, but they did spot quite a few moves during the performance. Even on the moves they didn't "catch", they could tell something was happening. It wasn't natural! You are obviously Tudor fans and would get his material no matter how bad it is, and that's cool. Tudor fans should get his material as they might like it. I am a magician, and there was nothing here that I found "magical" or even close.

This is just my oppinion, you don't need to challenge everyone that states something you don't like. This is my review/oppinion. You liked it, I don't, end of story.
Bone
View Profile
Loyal user
Totally lost...
264 Posts

Profile of Bone
Quote:

To answer the questions, you don't know what fans have to do with it? He TEACHES fans, and they are not proper technique, and not good!

And laymen CAN see what he is doing with his effects, his technique was so bad! Not all, but they did spot quite a few moves during the performance. Even on the moves they didn't "catch", they could tell something was happening. It wasn't natural! You are obviously Tudor fans and would get his material no matter how bad it is, and that's cool. Tudor fans should get his material as they might like it. I am a magician, and there was nothing here that I found "magical" or even close.

This is just my oppinion, you don't need to challenge everyone that states something you don't like. This is my review/oppinion. You liked it, I don't, end of story.

Yo, Superhandz and Handlordz is the same, they have 3 websites. Their videos are unbelievable.

I love flourishes and magic both ... lol. I love Superhandz stuffs and Tudor's both.

As I said, it's just for Showing off, using Skill, no magic effects (As Tudor said in his first video).

No Challenging at all, I like both magic and flourish, you like magical effects. No questions, we got the same points, but I do like Tudor, but you don't, that's right End of story.

But what magic effect do you do ?

Peace,

Bone.

myspace.com/boneho
youtube.com/boneho
twitter.com/boneho
facebook.com/boneho

Official Website:
www.boneho.com
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
The video Is basically eye candy to the laymen watching it....
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
phantomace,

I do agree with you and think Tudor's skillz aren't that great. He goes way to fast and does very odd ball displays and moves. However, the good close-up magician will rework these effects, give them direction and turn them into mircales.

My thoughts:

Show-off:
Routine (3)
Tudor (8)

This routine is very boring and really isn't orignal. Tudor seems to be running on how many different revolution varition's he can come up with. I liked 'What the Hell' and thought the 'Tudor Cut' (very Devo like) was alright. This is the only routine Tudor speed and 'patter' Smile makes the routine a lot better. BTW, the deck switch was painful to watch.

HYPNOTIC:
Routine (8)
Tudor (2)

Even when 50% of the routine in unatural and plain ugly, I think the idea and flow looks really nice. Some good ideas and intresting handling but, I must stress he uses a lot of strange movements.

TRIUMPH II:
Routine (9)
Tudor (7)

The only routine Tudor doesn't mess-up. The only part is the Hot shot cut at the end that ruins the whole effect.

THE MAN FROM NEW YORK:
Routine (2)
Tudor (1)

Yah, that's a hursh grade but, this routine makes no sense. You put the Queen's in the deck face down, flip around the deck, put the cards face to face and then cut the face-up queens. It just doesn't make sense and looks even worse.

FOLLOW THE QUEEN:
Routine (5)
Tudor (5)

Another, routine that has no direction or makes any sense. The queen's across just looks plain bad and the kicker is even worse.

THE POLITICIAN:
ROUTINE (7)
Tudor (6)

Another routine with no clear direction but, looks really good. The ending fooled me (camera helped him a little bit) but, with minor ajustment you will have an amazing piece.

I really loved Show off the video and was very dissappointed with this DVD. I don't think Tudor has anyone to tell him his effects aren't that great and I just consider him the Marvey of close-up cards.

Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Brian Tudors Generation X DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL