The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Anyone do a shoe production? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
RJ Hunt
View Profile
Elite user
Lakeland, FL
466 Posts

Profile of RJ Hunt
Leave your shoes on...Unless you are on the streets or in a parlor, stand-up or stage setting I don't think you should remove your shoe(s) for an effect. Especially while table hopping...It might be OK if you do it once for a special crowd or if the moment is right...But to have it be part of your strolling act in a restaurant or anywhere food is being served more than drinks...It's not a good idea.

But back to your question, I have never really seen anyone produce a shoe for effect, I have seen many magi produce many things from their shoe (Cards, Soda/Beer Can, ect...) As for which magicians have published these ideas, I could not tell ya...sorry.
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
[quote}

A tad curious though... you didn't hesitate at all to add someone else's piece to your work?
[/quote]

Is this referring to my original post? I actually bought david stone's dvd which he credits you to the production. And credits himself to the double production.
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
346 Posts

Profile of TKE
Oh and by the way I did this for the restaurant owner tonight he was having dinner with a friend and they were shocked. I do agree with Sleightly in that I will be particular to whom I do the effect for. The bottom line is my patter for the routine actually makes sense and the other table I performed it for thought it was hilarious.
isis_izumi
View Profile
New user
Tokyo
50 Posts

Profile of isis_izumi
Quote:
On 2010-12-05 20:45, TStone wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-12-04 18:06, TKE wrote:
That is the one I am playing with. I wonder if it can be pulled off (no pun intended) without a table?
is the production on flicking fingers better with a table present? who is the inventor of the production and where can I reference it.

Yes, it can be done without a table Smile
For example, here is Travis Bernhardt performing "Champagne" (sans table) from Vortex and "Of Dice and Men" from the October 2009 issue of Genii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJEbw5K57Ks

A bit difference from Topas's one, huh? He did on stage and I found it in his lecturenote
Kathon
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Kathon
In his lecture (available on YouTube), "Thinking Like a Magician," at Harvard's Radcliffe Institute, Joshua Jay opens his *stage* presentation with his-shoe-to-silk and closes with his-shoe-to-hand, the latter with the quick cover of small dry erase board. There are no long or wide camera shots at these moments (I don't think the camera shots were planned to obscure, but I could be wrong) to help us discern his method. But it's mostly misdirection. On stage = No cover as convenient as a restaurant table!
Although this is an old thread, I would be interested in any updates on this topic, whether for stage, parlor, table hopping or strolling. Thanks!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
For kids shows I did a shoe production at the end of what was otherwise a typical change bag trick.
Wonderful surprise as the bag had been inspected numerous times during the trick.

Usually it was my own shoe.
Sometimes I would produce the dad's shoe and, of course, the kids would look over to see him wearing only one shoe at the end of the trick.

Great ending for a change bag trick.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
madmalone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of madmalone
You can find one performed by David Stone on his dvd The Real Secrets of Magic 1.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Anyone do a shoe production? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL