The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Rubberbands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lance DeLong
View Profile
New user
Lubbock Texas
26 Posts

Profile of Lance DeLong
Get Pinnacle from Russ Niedzwiecki at magicbuzz.net . I met Russ at I.B.M. this year. We shared a dealer's booth and I can tell you from first hand experience that Pinnacle is a must get. We had people all day long asking to see the rubberband trick which Russ would perform on the spot and just floor them. That is my recomendation.
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
Quote:
As pointed out, both my "Linked 4 Life" and Bernard's "Really Linked" require a pre-linked set of bands, hence why I didn't suggest my effect (although you certainly can easily switch the set in if you want).

Hi Andy,
I have Bernard's "Really Linked" already, what's the difference between "Linked 4 Life" and Bernard's?

Thanks! Smile
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
I think all the above suggestions are wonderful....I own most of them....Also check out 'Ebony and Ivory' by Anders Moden..VERY visual, and a real killer..

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
Chris Kenner's Missing Link, is also on one of the Dan Harlan videos. What a great illusion.
Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Anders's effect does not by any means use ungimmicked bands, however! Same reason I didn't recommend my effect!
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Mr. Leviss, then in your opinion, which are the best rubberband effects that meet my requirements? About the gimmicks...I do not mind a gimmick if the band can be used as a regular rubberband also OR if one of the bands in ungimmicked and the other is not. (sorry just added that part).
Andy Leviss
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1179 Posts

Profile of Andy Leviss
Ungimmicked, I'd go for the Kenner effect or Setterington's "Penetrating Bands" (aka "The Crazy Man's Handcuffs").

If you have a small handful of bands, you could certainly do "Linked 4 Life" with a simple switch (if you get it and can't work out a suitable switch, e-mail me and I can offer some ideas), but both bands are technically gimmicked since they're linked together.
Note: I have PMs turned off; if you want to reach me, please e-mail [email]Andy.MagicCafe@DucksEcho.com[/email]!
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I went to Office Max to get some new adhesive for a flipper and found a bag of 1100 19" rubberbands (dull gold). I also picked up some super glue and made about 15 sets of linked bands and worked out a visual linking bands (trying to think of what Linked 3 Life might look like). Er, but the main point is the 1100 pack at Office Max for 3 bucks.

Jakks
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I have the same bands Harlan uses for his magic and they are Pure rubber bands. The bands at the office supply stores are not pure rubber. PM me if you are interested in these.
Steve
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
bielke
View Profile
New user
Germany
57 Posts

Profile of bielke
absolutely Dan Harlan's Videos, but there are only a handfull of usefull tricks on the videos.

pierre
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Rubberbands (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL