The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Leading scientists say that TSA Body Scanners can be easily duped... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Then why not just have sticks wrapped in foil, instead of a multimillion dollar folly that isn't fooling anyone.

If those specs indicate that those planes can crash at random, then you bet I want to know about it.

Because without intense public pressure, there's little chance that large corporations or complex government bureaucracies will correct themselves.

There are countless examples of safety issues being swept under the rug. Public condemnation is one of the few change agents left to us in the age of the bottom line.

The scanners are ineffective and anyone interested in beating the system knows that.
To change that, it's crucial that they be publicly challenged.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Landmark, I'm not one of those in favor of the scanners, I think it is a lot of money for little to no return. I would say put up the yard sticks. This releasing helpful information is like tossing water onto an offramp before a freeze to increase awareness of black ice.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I'm not a big fan of them either since they are X-ray machines. Yes I know I had thought they weren't a couple of weeks back so let's not go there.

But giving out information of security leaks is not the same as giving out information on say what safety hazard a Honda Civic may have. That is an entirely different thing all together. The public should know serious problems with a certain make of car. We DO NOT need to know what airport security breeches have happened or could due to flaws in the system. Not a single person needs to know that. Excepting for the airport security themselves and those that should be trying to fix the problem.

I'm also with Santa the T.S.A. should do profiling of passengers.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
People are odd, if you just announce they are profiling and doing personality studies it will keep some trouble makers at bay. El Al has 'em convinced not to bother with them.

If people assume they will be caught it is a deterent. In the Navy if someone figured I had money in my rack (the locker under the bed basically) and they knew I was out drinkin', smokin' and (deleted) they would break the lock off just to steal it. One weekend I took off for Daytona and was in such a hurry I didn't even close my rack, it was fully open for three days, and cash I had sitting there was still there. The reason? People assumed I was in the area and they would get caught and thus find themselves on the bleedin' end of an arse kicking. Didn't matter that I was 250 miles away.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well since they have now been rendered useless and redundant for the purpose catching terrorists bombers at airports, I guess the only thing left to do with them is to bring them down in a controlled demolition.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Just because Two "respected" scientists say that there is a flaw. Doesn't always mean that they are correct. Granted they very well maybe correct. But that doesn't mean the flaws can't and won't be fixed. Therefore the scanners are by no means "rendered useless and redundant" I'm sure if there is a flaw that can and well be taken care of in some way.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is one on ebay free to collector if you want it.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 22:23, RS1963 wrote:
Just because Two "respected" scientists say that there is a flaw. Doesn't always mean that they are correct. Granted they very well maybe correct. But that doesn't mean the flaws can't and won't be fixed. Therefore the scanners are by no means "rendered useless and redundant" I'm sure if there is a flaw that can and well be taken care of in some way.

So what? Even if they do, that doesn't solve the long-standing Glock and plastic explosive in the carry on luggage problem. If you do not know what I am talking about, see the link in one of my earlier posts.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Yes we have all heard and read about that. But again why does the general public as well as the terroristic faction of the world need to know of that either? They don't. It's really non of anyone outside of government and the T.S.A.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2010-12-17 22:31, tommy wrote:
There is one on ebay free to collector if you want it.

I didn't know you could give just a flaw away. I thought the whole contraption would have to go as well. lol
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
As it happens we once made quite a bit of money out of flawed machinery being given away at the airport. Someone had imported perfectly good machines but could not afford to pay the import tax on them and so they were seized by customs. The customs, to render these machines useless took a major part out of each machine and then gave those parts to one scrap dealer at one end of the country and what was left to another scrap dealer at the other end of the country. All the Kings horses and all the Kings men thought no one could put Humpty Dumpty together again. They are not often right but they were wrong again.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Leading scientists say that TSA Body Scanners can be easily duped... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL