The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Questions about Joe Porper's Master Rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
61 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
I am interested in getting my hands on a set of these rings and was wondering a few things:

1) What are the size of these rings? Joe's site is not clear as to this but in his spinning rings he mentions 12.25" while on Hank Lee site it says 13".

2) Are all of Joe's rings the exact same dimensions so that one could create an act that includes the Master set plus spinning and splitting rings?

3) Could Joe's Master set be used to do Whit's 4 ring comedy routine or can the Master only be used "one way" meaning that the k** can only be activated with force?

4) Do they sound as good as other high quality rings (i.e. Owen, Merv Taylor, RNT2, etc.)

5) Are they hollow or solid and are they stainless or plated, and how heavy are they?

6) Can the master ring "really" be handed to spectator for examination?

Anyone that can give any additional details as to handling, how invisible the locking system is, and ease of use without being obvious would be most helpful.

Thanks all!!

Victor

p.s After writing this the one thing that came to mind was that it would be great if Pete Biro or another "well respected mentor and/or guru conjurer" would take the time to do a full review on what seems to be an incredible product. Unless Joe is not able to handle the demand if all of this got out. Smile Pete?
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I would have to go out to Joe's and measure them all... I "believe" they are all the same size (mine are 12 3/4)

I have to get back to you.

Posted: Dec 24, 2010 4:02pm
2) Are all of Joe's rings the exact same dimensions so that one could create an act that includes the Master set plus spinning and splitting rings? As far as I know, YES.

3) Could Joe's Master set be used to do Whit's 4 ring comedy routine or can the Master only be used "one way" meaning that the k** can only be activated with force? You could, but I wouldn't bother. Whit never uses a locking key)

4) Do they sound as good as other high quality rings (i.e. Owen, Merv Taylor, RNT2, etc.) YES

5) Are they hollow or solid and are they stainless or plated, and how heavy are they? Hollow polished stainless alloy

6) Can the master ring "really" be handed to spectator for examination? You can, they might spot the key seam, but can't open it. Frankly why bother. I had one routine where I hung it over a spectator's head.

Posted: Dec 24, 2010 4:05pm
Email or phone Joe and discuss what you want, he's very accommodating and will put together whatever you want.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Victor Ian Smith
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
61 Posts

Profile of Victor Ian Smith
Thanks Pete for the information!!

Victor
"Do what you love...

...and you will never work a day of your life"

- Confucius
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
They would work great for Chris Capehart's routine which appeared in New Stars of Magic in 1981. Chris routine can incorporate some Richard Ross, Cellini, or John Blake effects ...
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Aftereight
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Aftereight
Hi, could anybody tell me, what is the difference between Ghost rings and Master key rings from Joe Porper and which is better one.

Thanks, Matt
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
SEE PM.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
hefemexy
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of hefemexy
Hey I am looking for a set if anyone has one trade or sale I am also going to post in for sale section, just wanted to try on here...
Okay, I give up what was your card?

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic

Look nothing up my sleeves, but you're not wearing sleeves

https://www.facebook.com/lionsmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Questions about Joe Porper's Master Rings (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL