The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Abnormal Lift - Coming Soon (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2010-12-28 19:39, mindguru wrote:
I found it a strange coincidence that this thread came up. I had just done this before christmas for a bit of fun, even though I did tell people to close their eyes and imagine they were as light as a feather. The reason I done it as a bit of fun is because most people these days aren't that impressed with it and I've seen it exposed quite a few times on tv. I have to admit though that this ebook appears to have the ability to take it away from just a trick and the use of the energy work involved sounds interesting, because I'm into that sort of thing.

It's funny you mentions seeing it on TV and most people being unimpressed - the VERY first time I tried the new techniques I talk about in the ebook, one of the participants immediately said she had seen it on TV the previous week but that they did it differently from me and that the way I did it was more impressive for her. It was that first experience that helped me decide that I was onto "something".

David.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I have relcutantly decided not to put a video on the blogsite just yet. I feel that the lift is well known enough and if you look up things like "4 Person Levitation" you will find plenty of footage online of others doing the lift. The only benefit to me putting up a video would be to show the different techniques I use and how the lift can be extended...and that's pretty much the point of the book!

When I have the time I may show an edited version but my priority at the moment is to get the book up and running and out to those happy purchasers by Wednesday.

Having said that, I have this very instant placed a photo on the blog of the lift in action if you want to take a look.

http://www.theabnormallift.blogspot.com

Best,

David.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
David,

When is the e-book supposed to be sent to purchasers? I ordered it last week but I still have not received the e-book. is it still a "pre-Order"?

Thank you very much.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
First post, above.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Tom,

Thank you for the clarification pertaining to the release date.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Just a quick note to say I've changed the photo on the blog - rather than a posed photo I have replaced it with a still taken from one of the videos which is less clear but gives a much better idea of the lift in action.
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Not sure if this is the same age old party stunt? I learned how to do this around six years ago when researching whether or not the "light as a feather stiff as a board" levitation was possible. The participants are intructed to place their index fingers together in a teepee fashion and wrists straight. With a spectator lifting from the armpits and under knee caps, they initially cannot lift. After the instructed process, the participant in the chair is lifted with ease. I found an old video of me demonstrating this. The quality is bad but you can get the gist of how it looks. Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15dBjnFCcM
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
This is the basis for the eBook. This is from where 'The Abnormal Lift' launches. Your technique (and everyone else's) is the standard one that's been done forever and the book leaves it in the dust.

That is why the Book is of value; no one else has done the advancements before now.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Blueroyalty
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Blueroyalty
Quote:
On 2011-01-04 01:57, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
This is the basis for the eBook. This is from where 'The Abnormal Lift' launches. Your technique (and everyone else's) is the standard one that's been done forever and the book leaves it in the dust.

That is why the Book is of value; no one else has done the advancements before now.

I see. Just read more of the posts describing the ebook. My initial response from seeing the original post was "don't tell someone is selling a party stunt". That's what I get for not reading. This should be interesting if the book shows how to take this stunt and turn it into a feat. Especially because I got great responses back when I used to do this the regular way. By any chances is one of the other energy feat taught the one Dynamo does when someone cannot lift him up?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
One one purchases the book could you offer them access to view any live video footage of some of the techniques or applications featured? This would be a great idea I think.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Blueroyalty - I've never seen the Dynamo effect so can't tell you if I have anything in the book like it.

Mindpro - the ebook itself will have 3 clips of raw (in some cases very raw) footage of the lift being done in my bar. I wanted very much to have REAL performances and REAL reactions and that's what I've put in. I'm sure that if any purchasers want the full video files (I mean in terms of size, I haven't edited anything just converted the video into smaller but still watchable files so they could be part of the book) I can send them along. As for the other energy techniques, they are explained comprehensively in text with photos.

I am toying with the idea of creating an ongoing forum where purchasers can discuss their experiences and perhaps we could put up further video clips and tales of the lift. If there's enough interest (and time!) I will see what I need to do to get it up and running.

I am now happy to say that the book is complete pending Jerome's forthcoming introduction and I am looking forward to tomorrow and getting copies sent to those lovely people who have purchase early.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I'm looking forward to it.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Hi Guys,

Just a short note to explain the timing of the release of the book. Jerome assures me that he will get the intro to me this morning...but given international time differences that will probably be afternoon my time. On top of this, today sees Spanish festive celebrations reach their peak as the 3 Kings visit and leave presents for all the good girls and boys (I've not been a good boy so I'm not getting any) which means it's one of the longest and busiest nights of the year for my bar. As a result, time is scarce for me today BUT not matter how late I get home I WILL be working to deliver ALL copies of the book ordered so far even if it means staying up until sunrise tomorrow. Ironically, people MY side of the pond will get the book on the late side but people on the Americas will probably not even see a delay. Isn't time grand?

So cutting to the chase - if you've ordered the book you WILL receive it within the next 24 hours so please be patient.

Many thanks,

David.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I'm pleased (but very tired) to say that, finally, at 4am my time I've managed to get all paid-for copies of the Abnormal Lift out to my hopefully happy customers. Yes, the book has FINALLY been released and if you order now you'll get a download link within 24 hours.

I'm going to bed but as a final word here's an excerpt from Jerome Finley's introduction:

"One thing that I’ve always loved about mentalism is how every once in awhile, something or someone comes along and threatens to shake things up a bit…in a good way!
It doesn’t happen too often and it’s certainly nothing one can plan for, however, when it does occur you can usually find a trail of fine golden dust sprinkled in its wake. Sometimes that sprinkling is liberal and gives way to a golden nugget or two and if you’re really lucky, perhaps even a shiny, solid gold bar at times.
Rarer still is when that trail leads one directly to the front doors of an untapped goldmine and I can’t help but feeling that such is the case in this very moment with David Numen’s “Abnormal Lift” book."

Good night!
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I look forward to reading. learning and using this. Reading from the guys I respect that love this, I am sure to use it soon.

Keep an eye out for my payment David...it should get to you any minute!

-Scott M
Eddiep1960
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Eddiep1960
I saw in the past this demonstation in psychic contest. Great book.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
I have to go to Office Depot and get this printed. I hate reading stuff like this off the screen.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2076 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Thanks to all for the great comments so far!

A few people have had issues playing the videos so I have sent a link to full-sized videos plus an extra one not in the book to all purchasers. This will naturally be extended as part of the package for any new purchasers.

A couple of friends have suggested that I should post Jerome's marvellous introduction on my blog so I have done just that and you can read it for yourself at:

http://www.theabnormallift.blogspot.com

David.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I have read over this and am familiar with the energy concepts David includes with the lift. I used this twice and it has brought PERFECT results and had a blast while performing this. Using his ideas adds a bit of mystery and wonder to my guests...perfect for what I am going to do with them. This bit of curiosity adds to the effect and how they remember me...I know because I talked to a friend of a friend and heard their comments of what I did and what they experienced...this is stuff performers DREAM of.

David adds some thoughts and routine ideas in the manuscript and I had to go to my library to look up one item and could not believe that I passed this item up and is a wonderful piece to combine the Lift with.

Along with another idea he has in the eBook, I will have a fun 10 minutes of entertainment.

I plan to incorporate some ideas I have of my own, that have been in the works for a bit and should end up with a nice showpiece.

Thanks David for offering this piece to our community.

Those of you wondering about this...take that as a sign to order this.

-Scott M
sandman690
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of sandman690
I have finished reading the book and can only say WOW! The work that David put into this is amazing. While I was familiar with the lift, I had always dismissed it as a party trick. Upon reading this manuscript, I find myself chomping at the bit to have the opportunity to do it. I can not say enough about the amount of research and work that obviously went into this manuscript; what I can say is that this is the definitive work, and is destined to become a classic!

David, thanks for putting this out to the fraternity!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Abnormal Lift - Coming Soon (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL