The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Dollar Store doll (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
The Pom Pom Prayer Stick has always been one of my pet hates. I've never found anyones' presentation of the prop to make any sense, have any relevence. or be even mildly entertaining or funny.

However I've just chanced across Randi Rain's 'Dollar Store Doll'. http://www.randirain.com

It's a very clever and original version of this effect using a toy doll as the basis for the prop with the dolls limbs taking the place of the pom poms.

While I'm not sure that this version makes anymore sense than the original it's so vastly different from it in it's look and form that I take my hat off to Randi for coming up with the idea.

I still find I have reservations, which probably stem from an ingrained dislike of the original (non) effect, but I have to say that Randi Rain's Dollar Store Doll version looks weird enough to have presentation possibilities that the original version certainly never had.

I'm even tempted to buy one just to see what I might be able to come up with.

... and that's certainly something I'd never have bothered doing with the original.

Anyone have any thoughts on the potential of this item?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I feel the same about the prayer stick even that one you can break in half at the end always leaves me wondering why not just do chinese sticks.

I like the idea of the doll. It's certainly a nice piece of original thinking. Don't think it will be any more magical but with the right script could be a lot more amusing.

Wouldn't mind a bigger doll, though.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Randi has a wicked sense of humor and a very strong creative streak. She has more than a few original turns on effects.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Here's another alternative to the PPpole
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=0#21
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Dollar Store doll (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL