The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review - Vivify, Banded, Wonderland, Ambitious Classic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi guys.

The new show is now online.

On this weeks show we look at Banded by Garrett Thomas, Wonderland by Enchantment, Ambitious Classic by L & L Publishing and Vivify by Mark Parker.

We would love your feedback so please let us know what you think.

Thanks again

Craig

Link to show - Click Here!
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Great show! I like Ambitious Classic (is this dvd a re-issue?). I learned the variation from the Complete Works of Derek Dingle but had the last card change into a selection - made more sense.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Another great episode and a fantastic end to the year. Ending with a performance snoozer was bold and hilarious. And while I'm not a stage magic/illusion fan at all, I really enjoyed hearing about "Vivify" and learning a bit more about that world. It's not for me, but I loved that the show is stretching out to include works like it.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Great show!

I like Ambitious Classic. I use a streamlined handling and do it at a bit of a faster pace.

I personally would NEVER use it as a follow up to a normal Ambitious Card, though.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
TStone
View Profile
V.I.P.
Stockholm, Sweden
774 Posts

Profile of TStone
I've laughed for an hour over David Penn's spirited remark on life (at 5:00 in the clip):

Y'need a litt'l velvet bag with bits in. That's what keeps y'going - the litt'l velvet bags in life!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3066 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Very funny, I really look forward to theses shows. Happy New Year
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Fabulous episode as usual! But, when will it show up on iTunes? It's been 4 days!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
theboywonder
View Profile
Loyal user
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
228 Posts

Profile of theboywonder
My sentiments exactly! I refuse to watch it on YouTube and wait anxiously every week for it to appear as a podcast in my iTunes. Can you post them onto iTunes sooner so that I can enjoy it at (almost) the same time as the YouTubers??? Thanks so much! ;-) I look forward to WPR every week!
It would really be quite tragic
if the world had to do without magic!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I do the exact same thing! Only this week, I waited a day and couldn't wait any longer.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Thanks for your comments guys.

Great to here that everyone is enjoying the show.

Regarding iTunes, the show is on a timer so that it automatically goes live an hour after it has gone on YouTube. If it's not there then there is an issue somewhere. I'll check into it for you all.

Thanks for the comments on the Vivify review. We have had a lot of requests to look at different items as well which is why we looked at Vivify is week. Next week we are looking at the Glass Breaking Table which is another totally different review for us!

Thanks again guys

Craig
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
That section on the Ambitious Classic was probably the funniest thing you guys have taped yet - and it shows that you're not just picking on the new guyz. So what's the monkey's name, and when will he be getting his Facebook page?
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Thanks Greg! Let us know when things get fixed up... this week's episode hasn't turned up either. Something must be wrong.
martydoesmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1669 Posts

Profile of martydoesmagic
I also found the Ambitious Classic skit very funny. However you gave the impression that the trick is a dud - this couldn't be further from the truth! Performed correctly as a stand alone trick, this effect is GREAT! The fault is with Ammar's presentation, which is a little contrived IMHO.

We were discussing this effect recently in the Deckless! forum (there is a link to a video of Larry performing the effect in the thread):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=201

Larry's presentation of this effect is far better than Ammar's interpretation. In fact, on the L&L DVD I'd say his is the weakest. Derek Dingle's presentational angle of using fewer cards to make things easier to follow also makes the trick more entertaining. Here's a good performance of his version of Ambitious Classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Nk2U-NpYE

Better to buy 'The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings' if you want to learn this effect.

Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review - Vivify, Banded, Wonderland, Ambitious Classic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL