The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
Hello Magic Café from Northern Ireland

The Paul Daniels magic book I bought when I was 11 didn't teach me how to levitate or saw anyone in half, it taught some simple tricks and the disappointingly banal "secrets" involved. I missed the point of presentation; got busted doing a couple of unpracticed tricks and threw the book in the corner.

In my 20s Channel 4's "The Unpleasant World of Penn and Teller" had me using a video of Jon Snow reading the news then producing a jumbo 3C - "Is this your card?". This was fun but the fad went when the series finished, and P&T never returned to the UK for another.

Married in Vegas in my mid 30s, saw P&T at the Rio, saw the Magic Castle in Hollywood (only from outside while waiting to turn left at the junction opposite Smile ), visited magic shops in San Diego and San Francisco and came home with bags of pocket tricks etc (HAD to have the Hummer card after seeing it demo'ed) and a set of Chinese Linking Rings. Now, after half a lifetime finally I could call magic my hobby.

Erwin
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Hi there Erwin.
Welcome to the Café.
Bob.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome to the Café Erwin.

Magic makes a great hobby (but not a cheap hobby for most)!

You'll never have to wonder what to do with your spare time again.

-Mary Mowder
Click Clark
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
16 Posts

Profile of Click Clark
Hi, Erwin. Welcome to the Café. The Hummer card is a blast, alright. Watching this done by a pro is awesome. What are some of your other favorites? How often do you get to perform? -Click-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL