The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Primal Forests of Merry Ol' England (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
British PM David Cameron announced that he is going to sell the remaining public forests of Great Britain to the lumber companies; all of them.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-har......040.html
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
When I was in school one of the more interesting things I saw was a series of paintings showing how the forest of England were removed with London at the center as a village and explanding. Very sad, I like forest.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Santa I thought you were very pro-lumber industry, or was I mistaken?
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I wouldn't say I am pro lumber as I have no real business with them nor do I know any lumberjacks (I knew Marty Nash, he use to be a lumberjack). I will say that the lumber companies understand that if lumber is removed it has to be replanted in order to grow and become lumber again. It is a renewable resource. Where I lived in South Georgia the paper mill had pine forest that they have been using for decades and decades, planting and harvesting and planting again. Many of what are considered 'old growth' redwoods are actually redwoods planted after the area was harvested. It is the enviromental groups that do not believe in healthy forest or planting trees, they believe in destroying animals and beautiful trees. Odd isn't it?

I believe young people with nothing else going on who have not the gumption for the military or desire for school can go into the forest and help remove dead and infested trees (the enviros love infested trees because it leads to healthy trees dying), reclaim burned areas by planting trees and grasses, clearing creeks and brooks, all that interfering stuff. I think with responsible planting lumber can be had and we can also retain our national forest for everyone.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
David Cameron is a buffoon.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
But...but....he was elected as the savior!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Primal Forests of Merry Ol' England (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL