The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Approaching Magic--David Regal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
I've now owned this book for two years. This bulky tome continues to pay inspirational dividends. David Regal's child-like approach to magic is a gift to the art. Plus, he's a stand-up guy that loves to interact over the subject.

If you don't own this, you should.
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
He not only does stand-up, but also close-up. Smile JK! I love this book as well!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I Totally agree. Very creative mind.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
AngeloR
View Profile
Elite user
441 Posts

Profile of AngeloR
Great book! My favorite Regal publication.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I have the book too, although haven't gone back to it in a while. Since it's been brought up again, what effects are you guys doing from it?
noble1
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of noble1
I've given the socks trick a try which I like. I think it's a good idea although I haven't got it to get the reaction up to the level of my other stuff.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
"Simpatico," "Exhibit A." The Cups and Balls routine with the Marshmallows and hot chocolate has inspired a completely different two-cup routine.

Part of what I like is the way David doesn't seem to have any latitudinal creative constraints--he'll wind up using the oddest of things, and sometimes, they're very, very good.

I sat and watched every magician in the room perseverate over "Simpatico" when I witnessed it performed. Every time I perform it, it freaks people out--but it MUST be performed with the requisite focus on a connection between the two people on which you target it. Do that, and you fool everyone--inclusing magicians.
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
I am performing "Going and Gone" from this book.

Fantastic Assembly trick performed twice with a good sucker ending you'll never see coming!

Always fond of Regal's books.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Approaching Magic--David Regal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL