The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sharpie Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
djkuttdecks
View Profile
Special user
Portland
662 Posts

Profile of djkuttdecks
I believe Ellusionist also sells a sharpie that is gimmicked for a card reveal using the "hot rod" method. If it doesn't dry out quick, it may be worth looking into.
-Lee
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Rick Merrill won FISM with his Sharpie act. That's the way to go.
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
Quote:
On 2011-01-21 11:30, djkuttdecks wrote:
I believe Ellusionist also sells a sharpie that is gimmicked for a card reveal using the "hot rod" method. If it doesn't dry out quick, it may be worth looking into.
-Lee

DJkuttdecks,

I have used this sharpie for the last year and it hasn't dried out yet. I keep a spare ungimmicked one for regular use and switch em out halfway through.

BTW I love your video series with the great Bill Palmer. Thank you so much.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2011-01-29 05:59, hagemagic wrote:
Rick Merrill won FISM with his Sharpie act. That's the way to go.

If you mean by "That's the way to go" that someone should copy his act, that would really be bad advice.

Rick's act "works" because Rick is a consummate technician and an excellent entertainer with flawless timing. I would hate to see anyone try doing it, other than Rick.

If, on the other hand you mean, "Way to go!" as a form of congratulations -- I agree wholeheartedly.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Steve Beam published a few sharpie effect either in his notes or the Trapdoor, or maybe both. One effect was, Steve would remove the sharpie from his pocket, uncap it, place the cap on the back of the pen, a guy would sign the card, Steve ask him to toss him the pen, but the cap couldn't be removed from the back of the pen. Steve would then take back the sharpie, remove the cap and put, re-cap the pen, and put it away...

Few effects later he would again remove a sharpie, un-cap it. hand it to a lady to sign something, when she was finished, everyone would be watching to see if she could remove the cap, and she could, but not she can't re-cap the tip, as if the cap some how was too small to fit.

Oh and I believe he also had an effect where he pushed the back end of the sharpie through his fist, only to comeout the other side with the tip of the pen.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Loopback
View Profile
Veteran user
Lincoln, Nebraska
359 Posts

Profile of Loopback
There is a 2 dvd set being sold called Magic with Markers by Byrd and Coates.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Bizzaro sells a CD-ROM called "A Marked Man" which has several very cool looking effects that are Sharpie-specific. I believe he still sells it at his website.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
PK Sharpie
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Quote:
On 2011-02-01 10:46, Loopback wrote:
There is a 2 dvd set being sold called Magic with Markers by Byrd and Coates.

This was available on DVD from Netflix.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
My favorite Sharpie effect I've seen was done by Carl Cloutier. It's done very offbeat after someone signs a card or bill. He comments that the trick has nothing to do with the bill, you have to watch the marker. And the thing just vanishes, 2 empty hands, and then quickly reappears. If you know Carl's work, you can probably guess the method involved.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sharpie Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL