The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Witchfinders Kit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WDavis
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of WDavis
Hey guys and gals,
I saw this posted on another site and apparently it was posted here but got deleted. Smile

this thing looks freakin awesome. here is the website check this thing out!

http://smokeandmirrorsuk.wordpress.com/2......ers-kit/

here is the blurb copied from the other site:

Quote:
Smoke and Mirrors UK is please to introduce the witchfinders kit.

In collaboration with Dr Todd Landman, we offer stand alone 20 minute collection of effects and props, based around Matthew Hopkins and his witch trials. Not only are you seen to have an 'ability' your 'witch' also seems to posess some interesting qualities. All culminates to a finale where your audience are the jury and they decide on the guilt of the 'witch'. But of course you already know the outcome.

Based on his own routine he performs in his shows, with a little of Smoke and Mirrors this is one we are really excited about.

E x
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
If it's Dr Todd and Evie, you know it's good.

Say no more!
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Pics! Pics!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This will make a fantastic routine ever the more.

Good stuff Smile
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
It could be good. However at this point is still a lot of smoke and mirrors. Not to sure what I would be purchasing. A review would be very helpful.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Well the original release of this effect received a lot of highly positive comments, so combined with Evie's incredible props this will be something very special indeed.
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Aw bless ya Freds, and everyone x

Yes the original release has receievd a lot of positive feedback, and it was still being used by Dr Todd in his shows. This is for want of a better word, improved and expanded by utilising our different perspectives of this effect in performance.

Two quick updates. This effect is also available for those speaking German. A lot of you have asked, and we will be providing this as an option, thanks to Lars for offering to do this for us, and great that he has translated other well known effects so is more than able for the job.

Second is those who already own the original, we offer reduced prices for those wishing to have the Smoke and Mirrors kit.

Thanks all.

Evie x
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
My pleasure!
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
It's interesting that the Germans and French also had a campaign against witches during the same period and the academic literature suggests that pogroms against women were carried out...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. The routine is quite modular, but in its fullest sense (using the deluxe set) is a re-enactment of a witch trial that involves a lot of audience participation and interaction as follows:

Mystical selection of the witch (the performer reads minds to find the witch)
Pendulum test
Book Test
Map Test
A secret ballot on the innocence or guilt of the witch and a predicted verdict that had been in a sealed envelope from the beginning of the routine and in full view all the time.

Your receive all you need to do this, except the blank slips of paper for the secret ballot. Quite apart from the multiple moments of amazement, you deliver a message about social justice, gender bias, and history of witchcraft that plays well for a whole range of audiences. You can also augment the routine with other tests, like PK touches, feather effects, or other bits of business...

Cheers

Dr T
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Reviews here of the original effect x

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

E x
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I am very pleased with all the interest from Germany.. Lars is doing some amazing work..

'is she a witch?'

'Nein'

'Ja'
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Come on guys NOT cool.
Well, actually it's VERY cool, which is exactly the problem ...I'm broke.

Seriously though, this looks great and I love the idea a lot.
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Apologies Seadog ;o)

The German Translation is almost done, thanks to the Lovely Lars lol x
LarsRuth
View Profile
Loyal user
Frankfurt, Germany
212 Posts

Profile of LarsRuth
The 'L' stands for lovely...
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
I received a lovely surprise the other day... A package containing quite a few of Evie's wonderful works. One of these items was the Witchfinder's Kit by Evie and Dr Todd. It looks amazing, a lot of care and detail has gone into producing it. Once I have had a chance to delve into it further I will post a more detailed review.

Smoke and Mirrors UK are producing some top notch mentalism and bizarrist products, and are poised to become one of the leaders in quality, originality and customer service in both fields.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
A news story of interest. University of Manchester has released online diaries of the puritan Nehemiah Wallington including details of the witch trials of Hopkins. You can access it by following the instructions in the second link of the article.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/news/display/?id=6771
FairieSnuff
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of FairieSnuff
Yes I saw this, and had to give Dr T some proper kudos for authenticity as one of the names I glanced on the site is in the witchfinder list !
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Why thank you Ms. Evanna....the records in the Witchfinder Kit are all real and come from the Essex Assizes. We have the collection of records at our University library. I enjoyed using the whole kit at Tabula Mentis over the weekend. The addition of Smoke and Mirrors fiendish designs adds a whole new dimension to the routine, so we now have a 20-30 minute presentation: selection of witch, testing of the witch's powers, voting on the witch's fate. The addition now allows you to have the audience fill out ballot papers for the verdict....oh...and the map is simply gorgeous....

Cheers

Dr T
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On 2011-04-13 14:11, Joshua J wrote:
A news story of interest. University of Manchester has released online diaries of the puritan Nehemiah Wallington including details of the witch trials of Hopkins. You can access it by following the instructions in the second link of the article.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/aboutus/news/display/?id=6771

Speaking about witch trials: The condemnation of Catherine Boüis in 1693 at Aix.
Guess were lies the original document...

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Witchfinders Kit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL