The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weirdest band you have ever seen! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Hi All,

I was reading through the favorite band post and thought I'd start this thread. I've seen some really weird bands in my day, but I never miss **US MAPLE**.

If you have ever seen the movie Hi Fidelity, the singer of US Maple comes into the record store and gets hassled about buying some extremely obscure album. There is also a poster/flyer for the band somewhere in the store.
David_Libertine
View Profile
Regular user
Lake Charles, LA
142 Posts

Profile of David_Libertine
Consortium of Genius—"C.O.G." out of New Orleans Louisiana.

http://www.consortiumofgenius.com/
Boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
*****head
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
Definitely The Blanks. It's impossible to describe the few shows they have performed for the public. They are their own culture.

You can visit their site here:

http://theblanks.com/
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I would have to say Gwar. That is a strange bunch of dudes...

-Reg {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I've seen GWAR four times, and every time it just gets weirder! Although, I saw the Genitorturers two years ago and will never be the same again. And I still get shivers when I think of seeing GG Allen when I was 17. He cut himself up with broken beer bottles and a few other things I can't mention here.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
GWAR hahahahah...I wish I had those suits.

Lee
zeroG
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of zeroG
Just had to mention that I got to see US MAPLE the other night. The show was awesome! And their new album is their best yet!
If they come to your town, do yourself a favor and check them out!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I have to agree with brother Firedice27 here. My live was changed forever when I saw “Genitorturers” at a club in D.C.!!!!! They made GAR look like costumed sissies!

Talk about rolling around on broken bottles and “stuff” I remember catching Iggy Pop and his band in the early days of Punk. Iggy was doing the cut the abdomen bit.

In the day the Ozzy Osborne show was killer (real theater).

But for all out unnerving, life changing, it has to be Genitorturers. Yes it is exactly what their name implies and to a heavy beat! Loved it!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
The weirdest I've seen is Alice Cooper.
Nothing stranger than watching a performer hang himself on stage, survive the French guillotine, and kill half the band before ending the show. Since then, I havent been able to put $24.00 to stranger use. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I saw the NIN/Bowie tour in 95 at its kickoff in Hartford CT. Having no idea what NIN was made the show quite a surprise.

I recall the perception that the music was raw, the lyrics also a bit raw, and also kind of black and white or simple. Then the Bowie part of the show started and there were more gradations of sentiment and color.

The show ended with the Jacques Brel song 'My Death' followed by the Scott Walker song 'Night Flites'. The latter came across as an unstated end of the show, where the music suggested a sunrise after a dark stormy night.

I'm sure all know about Trent Reznor and NIN as Industrial / Thrash / Goth with amazing lyrics about dysfunctional relationships and sulking.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Slipknot!! With their masks and all, definitely weird!!
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Not a weird group but a band of former work colleagues with a weird name....

Peter Sorrell and his Amazing Electric Trouser Press

Howard
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Who sang that "frozen embryos" song?
That was weird.

Ellen
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Weirdest band you have ever seen! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL