The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The best things that you had happen with cups or bowls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
At a family party I was doing the cups with my three year old son. He loaded an orange under one of the cups for me - no-one saw him, including me. I have no idea where he got the orange. My reaction and his giggling got a big laugh though. Smile
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
That's funny Volto, train him up right in the beginning, and you may have a cups and balls miracle worker within a few years. Take Shankar Junior for example, he started learning as a child, and he has a masterful cups routine.

Considering I've done the cups for quite a while (and sold quite a few sets from the magic shop); you would think I'd have more funny stories, but I oddly don't recall anything worth telling.

However, like Gaddy, I've made some money, and have, hopefully, started a new generation of cups workers by selling them at the magic shop.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I'm not sure this fits here. It isn't a best story really but I will submit it anyway.

I once had just gotten done performing for a group of Cub scouts they are all about 10 or so maybe a bit older. Anyway as I was packing up my things to leave I over heard a couple of boys discussing my performance and the C&B's in particular. One of them said. "At the end I had no idea where the limes came from. I know they didn't come from his pockets I was watching!" Little did he or the other one know. I thought it was interesting. I thought "I must be doing something right'
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Similar to the Cups and Balls or a Bowl Routine...

I got my start in close up working behind a bar at a restaurant. On one night there was a small group of people (maybe 10 or 12 people) having dinner in the bar. There was also one small kid with them; he was probably 5 or 6 I think.

Anyway, as kids sometimes do, he wandered over to the bar to swipe some cherries or olives. I decided to show him a magic olive. I'd put the olive under an hourglass jigger, and when I'd say the magic words, the olive would have disappeared.

He wanted to try it, so he put an olive under the hourglass, and try as he did, the olive wouldn't disappear. I kept encouraging him to try and believe harder. He did a couple more times and finally, I decided to look myself.

Ok, the olive was there so I put the hourglass back over it, but stole it out as I did. I got the kid to try all kinds of magic words and finger wiggling, and when he lifted the hourglass the next time, the olive had indeed disappeared!

He jumped down off the barstool, took off on a dead run back to his table, screaming, "MOM!!!!!!!!!!!"
~michael baker
The Magic Company
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
Congrats RS1963! Great story Michael, I'll bet that kid still remembers that event.
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » The best things that you had happen with cups or bowls (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL