The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sunk by Seth Rovner - Paper Crane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Sunk is 5 routines from the mind of Seth Rovner that utilize an ingenious, super easy to make gimmick. The gimmick can be made on the fly and allows you to perform powerful card magic without the use of sleight of hand.

In Hand - A card is freely selected, signed and placed in the middle of the deck. The cards are placed half way back in the box. The spectator is instructed to reach out their hand and snatches their card from within the box. At the count of three... their card is now in their hand.

Instant - The trick begins the same as In Hand but this time the box is handed to a second spectator. They are instructed to place the deck behind their back and grab one card from the deck. When they reveal which card they chose... it is their friends signed card.

Slow Jam - The trick begins the same but this time you slowly shake the deck. All the cards fall back into the box except their signed card.

Grabbed - The trick begins the same but this time you place the box in your pocket. After showing your hands clean you reach in and pull out their signed card.

Impromptu Rise – A rising card that uses a freely selected and signed card yet utilizes no strings, no threads, no magnets, no mechanics, no electronics

Important Points
- gimmick can be made on the fly
- very easy
- no sleights
- 5 routines
- magic can happen in the spectators hand
- spectator can "be" the magician

http://www.papercranemagic.com/sunk.htm
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
217 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Seth is a great guy and a very talented magician. He also owns and runs the Trick Zone in Philadelphia. If you are around the philadelphia area it is a great shop. Knowing what Seth is capable of I am defintely going to get this.

Mike
papercrane
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
152 Posts

Profile of papercrane
Here is a comment that was just posted on our blog:

Jon:
I absolutely love this effect. Its various handlings are awesome and leave plenty of room for your own presentation. For nine bucks, I’d pick this up. The method is deceptively clever, and you can literally make the gimmick in less than 5 seconds. I highly recommend this trick. Its a quick illusion you can perform on the go. I’ve been playing with this trick all day and figuring out new presentations and uses. Once again, I highly recommend this Smile
maach
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of maach
Hello,

I just discovered this, it seems simple at the base and there is the question but: is it really a good effect?

and the answer and yes.
imagine the possibilities associated with this gimmick.

ambitious-final
card-exchange
is adaptable to any trick where you do choose a card.

A gimmick in almost no time! I say bravo!

Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sunk by Seth Rovner - Paper Crane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL