The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello everyone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slickfingers
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
2 Posts

Profile of Slickfingers
Just a quick hello to everyone at the magic Café and a little introduction about myself.

My name is Nigel Evans and I live in Bristol in the UK. I've used the handle Slickfingers because, apart from the double entendre (yes - I know I have the sense of humour of a pubescent schoolboy!), that is how I'm known on a couple of other boards and it just seemed to make sense to keep it constant.

I first got seriously interested in magic when I was about 12 or 13 years old (about 27 years ago!). Unfortunately, the time I was able to put into it became less and less (especially once girls, education and career became an issue). The more "mature" magi will no doubt recall that magic shops were relatively few and far between in those days and considerably more effort was involved in getting good advice or finding books, material etc if you weren't part of the scene.

My interest in magic has recently been rekindled and life is such that, while I still don't have a great deal of spare time, there really does seem to have been an explosion of interest in magic and finding resources to satisfy that interest is considerably easier now than it ever used to be. The www has provided a truly great (and at the same time dreadful!) medium for sharing that interest with like minds.

As an enthusiastic amature, it is probably no surprise that my principle interest is close up magic but I appreciate the skill and performance skills of most branches of the art.

Time precludes my guarantee to be a frequent contributor to the Café forums (I need to practice magic as well as talk about it) but I will certainly be popping in when I can to sample the coffee, so to speak. I look forward to some interesting exchanges with you all.
Nigel
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Great to have you here at the Café. I think people how have found a renewed interest in magic make the most serious contributions to magic.

Frank
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Mina
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto Canada
101 Posts

Profile of Mina
Welcome to the magic Café!!

I hope you enjoy your stay here! It is a wonderful place to hang out!

Mina
OMG Did someone say Richard Sanders!?
Jemy
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of Jemy
Welcome on the Café
sure you'll be pleased here and that your renew interest in magic will never stop again now.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
Welcome Nigel!
Don't be afraid to call out for help if you get lost?

I wish you a most pleasant experience as you leap through the wealth of material here at the Magic Café'!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello everyone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL