The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Target Demographic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CherryMaster
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of CherryMaster
What target demographic do you get the best response from for random acts of magic? In your opinion, why is that? What type of audience to you aviod? Why?

In what kind of environment/venue do you look to perfom for these types?

curious,

CM96
totalpackage56
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of totalpackage56
Personally, teen girls seem to react the best. Or maybe it's just because I prefer performing to them.....who knows? lol
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I really don't have a target demographic, unless you count bored people as a demographic.

People standing in lines (queues to our friends across the Pond), people waiting for public transportation, people sitting waiting for their take-out orders, and people fussing with a cranky child are all good targets for random acts of magic and amazement.

Commuters are often good because they are usually bored silly and ANY break from the monotony is a welcome relief.

Teens are okay, but, at my age (51) there is sometimes a certain reticence to interact because of all the scare stories out there about weirdos who attack young people - a not unreasonable concern for dealing with ANY stranger who wants to interact with you, close up and personal, frankly.

I always assure them that I am married and that this is not someone hitting on them, just showing them something slightly amusing, that's all. Done with a smile, it usually works.

Just my 2 cent's worth.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Leon of PrimRose
View Profile
New user
mayfield, new york
69 Posts

Profile of Leon of PrimRose
I like performing for girls as well but I'll perform for just about anyone I feel like impressing.

I generally stay away from teen boys for street magic because they tend to do anything to figure the trick out. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Being forgotten is worse than death

There was never anything but life...life and death...Good...Evil...It all depends on how you look at life... and death. The strong, the weak. It's all just a concept.

Believe the unbe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Target Demographic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL