The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favourite Sitcom? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
If you think friends is bad, watch the Big Bang theory, it's worse than glee, a group of losers and one girl that used to be a guy... for real

Friends is great, if you disagree, it's probably because your jelous and wish you could have at least 1 friend.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
There is a girl on Big Bang Theory that use to be a guy? Please, which one is that?
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

I think her name is sheldon...
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Big Bang Theory has excellent writing. To be able to make science and nerdy qualities into humor is a gift and that show has it.

Friends was excellent because of the stories that got people so engaged. Hate it if you want but any show that lasts for that long is doing a lot right. Approach a stranger on the street and say "Ross and Rachel," two very common names. Nine times out of ten those people will know instantly what you're referring to.

I agree that the later years on Roseanne just got too weird. The earlier seasons were good although I couldn't stand the older daughter character.

Gotta say I love The Wonder Years too. So good.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Michael, are you making anti gay remarks?

There are jokes on the Big Bang that fly right past non tech and non schientific people. I watched a couple of episodes of Seinfield the other night and to be honest if you got rid of all the characters it wouldn't be bad. I watched Mike and Molly and it has the dirtiest jokes I have seen onTV
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

No anti gay remarks, I just don't like the show, I can understand the humor, I just can't stand the characters, they just arn't convincing or likeable in any way, where as in friends it was like you knew them.

Mike and molly is an alright show, it definatly has its moments.
spatlind
View Profile
Special user
still moving
863 Posts

Profile of spatlind
FRIENDS SUCKS
Actions lie louder than words - Carolyn Wells

I believe in God, only I spell it Nature - Frank Lloyd Wright.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
It was only like we knew Friends because they are all that hammy uncle who shows up every Thanksgiving trying to be the loudest one and get all of the spotlight. Ross and Chandler were just awful. Juuuuust awful. Phoebe was kind of funny.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
THE GOLDEN GIRLS
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Hope none of you ever have to meet me in real life then. I'm most often described as a real-life Chandler Bing.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
How about "Dinosaurs?"
"Not the mama!"

re: "Friends"
Nah, I'm just being irritable. I actually kind of liked 'Friends,' though there was a lot of obnoxious hamminess from the cast.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Chandler was one of my favourite characters,

oh well, it must be a terrible show, it's not like it was successful or anything...
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
Quote:
On 2011-02-07 18:00, Andrewzuber wrote:
Hope none of you ever have to meet me in real life then. I'm most often described as a real-life Chandler Bing.

A 'real-life Chandler Bing' must surely get punched a lot? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favourite Sitcom? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL