The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Function 9 by Calen Morelli (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Rindfleisch
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
502 Posts

Profile of Rindfleisch
I saw the trailer and was impressed with the rubberband effect suspended!! looks like a variation of my method for pans!

Great thinking.

Joe Rindfleisch
check me out on facebook #MAGICTOTD
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 06:25, atinczor wrote:
Just placed an order for this set of DVDs. The only concern is that I live in Turkey and am scared if I cannot find any of the items that are required for preparing the tricks in the area I live. Guess I will have to wait and see. Smile

The tricks do not require that much, just everyday objects. For the gum trick, any pack of gum that looks like the one in the trailer will work. Don't worry about it =).
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
The Wizard Product Review guys said this is "the best DVD set of the last 10 years." I'm not sure I'd go that far, but I thought there was some very clever material on these discs. You can read my full review of Function 9 here: http://www.calebwilesmagic.com/?p=1430

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2325 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Caleb Wiles
View Profile
Inner circle
Indianapolis, IN
1132 Posts

Profile of Caleb Wiles
Congratulations to Blake and Calen. Both are great guys and super creative. I'm so happy for them!

Caleb
http://www.CalebWilesMagic.com
Check out my Main Event project (DVD or Download).

"Magicians, stop what you're doing right now and pick this up!" - John Guastaferro

"Caleb Wiles is the real deal!" - David Williamson

"...my very highest recommendation." - John Carey
Yekrats
View Profile
Loyal user
Dayton, Indiana
209 Posts

Profile of Yekrats
Blake's a great guy and a fantastic magician! The dude's got some serious creative mojo!
--
Corporate or event magic & mentalism: http://WizardoftheWabash.com
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1198 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
I think VGH is great but haven't got the second part of the routine down well enough to count on it. I've performed loaded with great reactions.

I really want to do suspended so but I burn through my supplies of l***ps really fast. I can't seem to get it. I know there are some "threads" on the Café that speak to working with/making your own. Maybe after I get my 50 posts I will find something to help me with this.

I would really like to master this one . Any tips?
Lakewood, Ohio
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This kid is better than 90% of the magicians I've met ( including me ):

VGH(a+b) = (a) A selected card visually jumps from the deck to your hands, ending in between the spectators hands! (b) An in hands and extremely visual version of Paul Harris' grasshopper effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOQP2NrFOgQ
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I picked this DVD months ago and remember really like some of the effects. Unforunately, I have yet to actually perform any of them. I'll get this out and give it another watch when I get some free time.

I do remember having trouble finding the color of paperclips I needed for one of the effects.
Italia16
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Italia16
Some of the effects look pretty cool but I'm not sure how much I would work them into a routine.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
I like the effect "Friction" the best, a very visual bill and rubber band penetration.
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
I now this is a late post on this. These effects are VERY juvenile and obviously from a young kid. Not that he is a bag magician. For his age he's fine. But that is the case, these effects are for kids, teens to younger 20's at best. I think they are called TWEENS. Buy the DVD if you like street stuff for younger crowds. Don't buy the DVD if your crowd has an IQ over 80 or over the age of 25. The effects are very obvious.
DaiVernon1234
View Profile
New user
I still think that the original triumph hasn't been topped even after
85 Posts

Profile of DaiVernon1234
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2015, robfind wrote:
I now this is a late post on this. These effects are VERY juvenile and obviously from a young kid. Not that he is a bag magician. For his age he's fine. But that is the case, these effects are for kids, teens to younger 20's at best. I think they are called TWEENS. Buy the DVD if you like street stuff for younger crowds. Don't buy the DVD if your crowd has an IQ over 80 or over the age of 25. The effects are very obvious.

Have you actually tried these effects because he has multiple live performances on the dvd and they seem to get a great reactions. However most of the performances seemed to be filmed at night hmm I wonder why?
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
260 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2015, DaiVernon1234 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2015, robfind wrote:

Have you actually tried these effects because he has multiple live performances on the dvd and they seem to get a great reactions. However most of the performances seemed to be filmed at night hmm I wonder why?

I'm not sure what either of you are really talking about. Calen gives a daytime performance of nearly every item on the dvd set. There may be one or two rubber band effects that he performs at night, but all even those can be performed during the day. As for the idea of whether this is material for dumb audiences, I disagree strongly. Calen obviously has a very youthful approach to his magic in terms of his appearance, and some of his plots, but you don't have to copy those details into your performances in order to get great value from this material. I think most people who've owned this set have found one or more pieces that they've been able to incorporate into their magic, and get great reaction with. I have.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Function 9 by Calen Morelli (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL