The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I think I like this (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JoelMacDonald
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of JoelMacDonald
Hi

I've been a fan of Derren Brown for several years now and today I did the first magic trick in my life. I was able to suggest a phone number to a complete strangers using hand gestures and NLP - it worked ever time! Find out how by buying my new ebook.

Sorry, couldn't resist Smile

I have had an interest in psychology my whole life which led me to Derren Brown. After lurking this board the last week I decided to take the plunge and do a trick for some of my friends out of the blue. I stacked a deck using the Si Stebbins system, had them look through the deck to 'verify it was not stacked', pick a card, cut the deck so that the card right next to the one they picked was at the bottom, then looked at the card during a lie detector routine. To give credit where its due and to show you what it looked like I used Chris Cox's routine seen here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POUekVzuH2E&feature=related

It was after all the first trick I have done in my life, can you blame me for my theft? Smile

What amazed me was my friends believed I could read their body language even though I goofed up a few times. What amazed me further is just how complex such a trick can be in practice. I had to come up with some BS explanation about what their body, eyes and tone were telling me and how to pace the act.

I want to thank everyone on the board. The Mentalism section gave me a lot of beginner's help, pointing me to Corrinda and Bob Cassidy. Aswell, this community encouraged me to try and I think in another year I might try street performing. It will take a while though as I want to develop this trick this month, another small one next month, and really learn to perform a set of simple effects well.

So, from a Canadian college student, thanks and good night.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome JoelMacDonald,

Good luck in your path, you've only just begun.

-Mary Mowder
MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
Welcome to the Café
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Another Canadian, huh?

We only need about six thousand more of us and we can RULE this board!

:)

I'm glad you're here. Mentalism rocks, huh? (Betcha knew I was gonna say that...)

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » I think I like this (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL