The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello friends! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

frankgq
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of frankgq
Names Frank Quiroz, I've been practicing magic for less than a year but have been passionately fascinated by it my whole life (don't know why I didn't start way earlier). While I thought that card magic was my favorite, I've come to learn that the cups and balls has topped my list, now I need to buy one of those *** expensive set of cups! I learned my first trick from my grandfather when I was 7, which was rubbing a coin into my arm, as well as a self working card trick. My passion for magic as of late has increased greatly! Originaly it was like a burning matchstick, and now the whole *** forest is on fire! I am currently putting together an act for weekend jobs at kid/teen bday parties and as the skill and knowledge roll around, who knows? Full time magician?. Glad to be here with you all in the Café and I look forward to many great topics!
P.s. I've been browsing the site for months and just realized today that I had a eligible email acct. Aayy
3M
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
59 Posts

Profile of 3M
Greetings and welcome! I feel your pain with the email acct. situation. Glad to hear that it's become such a passion for you. It will lead you down a wonderful road whether or not you do in professionally or just as a hobby. As for the cups and balls- don't feel like you have to get one of the primo copper or brass sets. Just stick with what you've got for now until you're intimately familiar and comfortable with them. I've only seen a few of the well-know seasoned pros using the truly high-end sets. So save your $$$ for now. If you branch out into other areas of magic, I highly recommend Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the Royal Road to Card Magic if you get back into the pasteboards (Cards). Best wishes and good luck!!!

Cheers,
Fred
Semper Magus
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome frankgq,

I think you might be spelling *** wrong LOL.

If you hang around another Cups and Balls enthusiasts you could come into some fairly nice sets inexpensively.

I find that once some folks get into Cups and Balls they start acquiring in search of the perfect set.

Make a fair offer when the time is right and you're home free,... unless they're a collector.

Good luck - Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello friends! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL