The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review - Corner Project, Angel Decks, Plot Twists & Riser (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hi again guys,

The latest show is now live on YouTube (and hopefully iTunes when Dave gets round to it!). On the latest show we look at Riser by Eric Ross and B Smith, The Corner Project by G, The Plot Twists by Oliver Meech and The Chris Angel Trick Decks.

We always love to hear your feedback guys so please let us know what you like and don't like!

Link to show - Click Here!

Craig
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I laughed very hard at the Berglas portion... I love your sense of humour and your ability to laugh at yourself!!!

Fantastic episode as usual... never change!
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
Just watched the show. Great as usual! Although, I wouldn't quiet agree with Riser. I just started performing it this week. I changed the plot a little bit, and found the way to make a setup much more reliable, and it really works for me so far. Reactions are good. The only thing is, as you say - it's not perfect for table-hopping etc., as you can't repeat it immidiaty. But if you're going to do it only once, I think it's really worth considering.
William B
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of William B
I love the wizard prduct review and this one was just as good as all the other ones. They are always really funny. Although those who say that David Penn talks over Craig Petty are right.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I would be intersted to hear what a coin guy like Craig and well a non-coin guy like Dave think of the New York Coin Magic Seminar - 3 new DVDs just out
William B
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of William B
I was wondering if you could review The Ultimate Chair Test Routine by Luca Volpe and Titanas?
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 13:10, Xcath1 wrote:
I would be intersted to hear what a coin guy like Craig and well a non-coin guy like Dave think of the New York Coin Magic Seminar - 3 new DVDs just out

I'm going to be at Blackpool and Michael Rubeinstien will be at Blackpool - Im going to go see him and see the stuff in person - expect a review really soon!

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 10:53, jakubr wrote:
Just watched the show. Great as usual! Although, I wouldn't quiet agree with Riser. I just started performing it this week. I changed the plot a little bit, and found the way to make a setup much more reliable, and it really works for me so far. Reactions are good. The only thing is, as you say - it's not perfect for table-hopping etc., as you can't repeat it immidiaty. But if you're going to do it only once, I think it's really worth considering.

It's not my style but I did say that as a one off in the right situation it would look great but the set up and practicality is a nightmare. If my name was David Blaine I would get it in a heartbeat.

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 09:44, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
I laughed very hard at the Berglas portion... I love your sense of humour and your ability to laugh at yourself!!!

Fantastic episode as usual... never change!

Thanks Michael.

Can't believe I got stitched up by a OAP!

Craig
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I think I prefer when Craig reviews a bad product compared to a good one!

My quick opinions:
-Rizer looks GREAT. But for practicality purposes, I'd much rather use a piece of paper that can be given away as a souvenir at the end. I think it's equally as powerful.
-The Plot Twists is a fantastic book!! As is The Plot Thickens!

-Jeff
EmersonRodriguez
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of EmersonRodriguez
From what I understand, "The Corner" is a section of the site (http://www.smproductionz.com/dl/the_corner/)

"The Corner is a virtual casual place where established names from the East share their creative minds and discuss the logic, reasons, and how they approach an effect along with a random demonstration. For the first time, this is a place where THE FOCUS IS NOT ON EFFECTS, RATHER ON THE IDEAS and everything behind the effects hoping to explore on the areas where many performers may have neglected"

this DVD is about this section
I do not know but I think the credits are to be found in the paid portion of the site (correct me if I'm wrong)

I also expected more from "G"
But it is interesting for creating effects
I am a big fan of his work but I also missed the credits, which has to be on the dvd's

I think you got a little heavy giving 0%
But I really like the "Wizard products review" keep up with the great work

Thankyou for the attention!
Emerson Rodrigues
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-10 02:11, EmersonRodriguez wrote:
From what I understand, "The Corner" is a section of the site (http://www.smproductionz.com/dl/the_corner/)

"The Corner is a virtual casual place where established names from the East share their creative minds and discuss the logic, reasons, and how they approach an effect along with a random demonstration. For the first time, this is a place where THE FOCUS IS NOT ON EFFECTS, RATHER ON THE IDEAS and everything behind the effects hoping to explore on the areas where many performers may have neglected"

this DVD is about this section
I do not know but I think the credits are to be found in the paid portion of the site (correct me if I'm wrong)

I also expected more from "G"
But it is interesting for creating effects
I am a big fan of his work but I also missed the credits, which has to be on the dvd's

I think you got a little heavy giving 0%
But I really like the "Wizard products review" keep up with the great work

Thankyou for the attention!
Emerson Rodrigues

Thanks for your comments Emerson

The crediting issue is unacceptable. They aren't on the DVD or on the site as far as I can see (and I searched). If they are in the paid section then that is terrible - I have to pay to see the credits for the DVD.

Most of the effects aren't original or that good. They are the sort of things that would make a good contribution to a magic magazine but as a 2 DVD set - forget about it.

The 0% was because the crediting is such an issue nobody should buy this set it's not good enough. If however the crediting is not an issue to you then I would rate the actual DVD at 50% - there are many products available that are much better value for money.

Craig
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-09 22:41, jprace wrote:
I think I prefer when Craig reviews a bad product compared to a good one!

My quick opinions:
-Rizer looks GREAT. But for practicality purposes, I'd much rather use a piece of paper that can be given away as a souvenir at the end. I think it's equally as powerful.
-The Plot Twists is a fantastic book!! As is The Plot Thickens!

-Jeff

I agree with both of your opinions Jeff. My main issue with Rizer is that people will buy it and not use it - it's just not practical.

Craig
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Good show guys. A bit of a dissapointment because you didn't make me want to buy anything but for some reason my wife thinks that's a good thing. Smile

Just a couple of days ago I was gonna ask you to review Rizer so I'm guessing David read my mind. Theres a link somewhere of Eric Ross performing Rizer on Ellen which was pretty cool. So I think you might want to add that you might buy it if your name was David Blaine, Chriss Angel, OR you were going to be performing some magic on a TV show.

How about reviewing Metal by Eric Jones?

Thanks,
Mike
macc
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of macc
I love the show. I watch it every week.
thumbsup for your honesty!
and I would like to see smoke. but on the other side. better not. Smile

cheers,
macc
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-10 11:50, rockwall wrote:
Good show guys. A bit of a dissapointment because you didn't make me want to buy anything but for some reason my wife thinks that's a good thing. Smile

Just a couple of days ago I was gonna ask you to review Rizer so I'm guessing David read my mind. Theres a link somewhere of Eric Ross performing Rizer on Ellen which was pretty cool. So I think you might want to add that you might buy it if your name was David Blaine, Chriss Angel, OR you were going to be performing some magic on a TV show.

How about reviewing Metal by Eric Jones?

Thanks,
Mike

Hey Mike

I agree that for a TV spot Riser is great. The problem is that there are very few situations you can use it. Most people will perform it a couple of times or not perform it at all. Therefore there are probably better things to spend your money on.

I do want to look at Metal, Eric Jones is at Blackpool so perhaps I can get him to show it me live and up close.

Craig.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On 2011-02-10 14:14, macc wrote:
I love the show. I watch it every week.
thumbsup for your honesty!
and I would like to see smoke. but on the other side. better not. Smile

cheers,
macc

Thanks Macc

I'll see what I can do with Smoke for you.

Craig
ninepine
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of ninepine
Craig

I bought The Corner de Project direct from SM Productionz on the strength of Imagine. Like you I was disappointed. While I understand your concern at the lack of crediting my biggest problem is that what you get isn't really what is promised. The disks say "A dual disk of amazingly visual and impromptu magic". Few of the items are what I would call impromptu, none of them are routines and all lack the substance to be anything more than something to supplement a proper magic routine. I'm also not convinced that some of these aren't You Tube Magic but then I haven't been inspired enough by any of them to do more than play the disks through once.

Whether "only 500 sets worldwide" fulfils the claim of a "limited release" is also doubtful but since my set isn't numbered that too may be a claim which is hard for SM to substantiate.

Lesson learned. Next time I'll wait for your product review before ordering.

Mike

Anyone want to make an offer for a nearly new limited edition DvD set?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review - Corner Project, Angel Decks, Plot Twists & Riser (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL