The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » magic over a huge distance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

N14
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
78 Posts

Profile of N14
Hi,

I hope this is the correct place to put this.

My wife's parents and sister are living in Brasil while we live in the Netherlands. I would like to be able to show them some of magic. But I have no idea what I could perform to them over this distance.

There wouldn't be any visual contact with them. The only things I can use are regular post, telephone and e-mail (they don't read them that often).

Until now I could only come up with 2 tricks. ( the one where you count and then get Denmark, kangaroo and orange. And I made a personoliced PowerPoint pressentasion where the have to think of one of the five cards and later that will be the one missing in the series ( Princess Card Trick it's called I thought )

Do any of you have any sugestions what I could "perform" for them? There must be something I could send them and then guide them over the telephone so they can amaze them selves.

Thanks already,

N14
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Hi N14,

What you are looking for is radio magic. Stuff that is created for use on a radio program. There is a section about I think in the card section called radio magic. When I find it I will PM you.

Best of all would be go to Brazil. Sounds like you have afree place to stay half way around the world. That is a very cool thing to have!
N14
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
78 Posts

Profile of N14
Thank you for the reply Tom.

Now I atleast have a name to search for. Thanks for helping me finding it.

I have been to Brasil about 5 times. I just love it. Maybe the best of it, is that, 4 years ago, I found this little store in Sao Paulo. There I bought a svangali deck. That purchase triggerd those butterfly feelings in my stomach and the itches in my hands. I got that magic feeling back, you know, the feeling that you have when you just want to keep on doing magic.
You could say that Brasil gave me the 3 loves of my life (untill now, I'm only 25). 1 my wife ofcourse, 2 magic and 3 snakes (boa constrictors)

sorry, I just had to put this out.

And, Tom, thanks for your e-mail replies on the AM/PM questions I had. I will send you my reply within a few seconds.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
An even better subject to search for here is "telephone tricks". There are at least two topics in the mentalism section that list a great deal of material in this vein.

And a lack of modesty forces me to mention that my own Sign Language is an excellent effect to be done over the telephone!

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
N14
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
78 Posts

Profile of N14
Thank you Doug,

I'll look into that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » magic over a huge distance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL