The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vector by Patrick Kun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
I use Loops for the HP, but this looks very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlTdEQ-MsZk

The site ad says: Vector can be performed anytime, anywhere with any deck. Borrowed, old or new. No magnets, no threads, no reels, no gaffs, no hook-ups. No nothing. Just your hands and a borrowed deck of cards.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
It is available at Ellusionist. Any thoughts?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I have this.

I would rather use Loops to be honest because I like the slow animated cut. I'm not a big fan of the shoot out but I am practicing this down pat for impromptu sake..It's very very easy.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Why in the world would anyone want to perform the Haunted Pack effect in the hands vs. hands off?
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 18:23, Larry Davidson wrote:
Why in the world would anyone want to perform the Haunted Pack effect in the hands vs. hands off?
It's a great variation if you came unprepared.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

If I came unprepared, I'd perform a different effect instead of an inferior version of the Haunted Pack.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 19:11, Larry Davidson wrote:
If I came unprepared, I'd perform a different effect instead of an inferior version of the Haunted Pack.
To each his own. I'd rather do Nate Kranzo's Haunted Card Smile
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Quote:
On 2011-02-20 18:23, Larry Davidson wrote:

Jon Leclair does his version in his hands.

Dal Vernon - "Your animated pack is the best I've ever seen."
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Vernon wasn't a layman, but that aside, how many and which specific hands off versions did Vernon see, and which versions, hands on and hands off, did he perform for laymen to judge reaction?
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Quote:
On 2011-02-21 10:26, Larry Davidson wrote:
Vernon wasn't a layman, but that aside, how many and which specific hands off versions did Vernon see, and which versions, hands on and hands off, did he perform for laymen to judge reaction?

I'm not sure Mr. Davidson. Magicians loved showing Vernon their work, so I would think he saw many. Was Al Baker's "The Pack That Cuts Itself" in the hands?
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Please call me Larry.  My father's name is Mr. Davidson.

The original Baker method was generally performed in the hands.

If a magician is interested in performing for laymen, the way to judge which version of an effect is best is to perform is a number of versions many times for many audiences and study the reactions.

Based on my experience performing eight different versions for laymen over the years, both in the hands and hands off versions, as well as based on my observation of other magicians performing a number of versions for laymen, including in the hands and hands off versions, my judgement is that, everything else being equal, a hands off approach gets the best reaction.  Why?  My guess is that it adds another layer of impossibility to the effect because, in laymen's eyes, the magician can't possibly be manipulating the deck with his hands if he's not touching it.

My postings have concerned only method, not presentation, which is an even more important topic in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread any longer, so I'll leave it to others to post about this particular method.

Larry
Dr. Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Dr. Magic
Larry, thank you for your input. The thread was not hijacked, but added to.

I LOVE your version "Dad’s Deck" from your wonderful DVD set "Scripted Insanity". I certainly understand why you prefer a 'non' in the hands method.

Anyone wanting to take their magic to a higher level should invest in your DVDS and learn the power of scripting their magic.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Thank you, Dr. Magic.
kzmania
View Profile
New user
U.S.A.
7 Posts

Profile of kzmania
Hey everyone, it's Patrick Kun here. Although using loop or thread maybe stronger reaction, I think that magic is all about how you want them to see and think. If this presented right, I don't think it will get any worse reaction than a gimmick one. I think they still get the feel that you didn't touch the deck as the right hand is far away and the other one is lay flat. The shooting card at the end is what really catch spectators. Again, we all have different opinion on magic and I do agree with loop and thread but as far as impromptu wise I don't know what else you could do with this concept.

-Patrick
Tragic Geek Patriot
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Tragic Geek Patriot
I think this looks awesome! maybe a different feel than a haunted pack but very powerful
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Vector by Patrick Kun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL