The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Recommendations on a Digital Player (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I want to transfer royalty free music to a professional digital player; that has the capability to be connected to my P.A. system; it should be outfitted with controls that by the press of a touch screen or digital button at the appropriable time in the routine would play the chosen recorded music. This player would be similar in design to an iPod.

Does anyone know of a reliable product that will accomplish this?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I am still researching the purchase of a system.

Does anyone have experience, or comments about the MP3 Tech remote linked below?

http://www.theceswebsite.com/products/au......dex.html
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
I have experience with the MP3tech. First of all, I have been a customer of theirs for over twenty years. The products are top notch as well as their customer service. The products are not cheap but, you definitely get what you pay for in this case.

There is a short learning curve of working the ankle switches but once you get the hang of the system, you will wonder how you ever performed without it. I am a one man performer and this investment will create a much higher production valued show when you add the use of music. A simple introduction music track, music playing while getting volunteers, music to highlight the climax of a routine and and exit song will immediately make your show better.

I have used mine in comedy clubs, hotels, large theaters and I have never had a problem! I highly recommend this product.

Here are a couple of videos where I use the mp3tech:

http://youtu.be/h9fdyIao7-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfGFNDZX_TE

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
I watched your videos and both were very entertaining; you are very good.

I have decided to purchase the product and I am talking to others in the Ventriloquist forum about a PA system.

I have three questions.

If the fob is on your ankle, how do you mutilate the small buttons?

What brand of PA system do you use?

And Jake the snake, what is the name of the trick?

Thanks in advance for the information
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
One thread that might be helpful:

--> Magic Café thread titled... Virt......ShowTech

Note, some of the products mentioned on it no longer exist (company folded). But there is still helpful information.

Here is another relevant thread:

--> Magic Café thread titled... Soun......Kleefeld

Even though some of these products might be discontinued, you might be able to buy them used in the "Let's make a magic deal..." section.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Donald;

Thanks for the information, I am reading it and getting a better understanding of the systems available
Buzz
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
The ankle switch only starts and pauses the music. On the extra remote the four buttons control start, pause. Fade, raise/lower volume, advance track, reverse track. Plus the unit can control other devices. I would not buy a cheaper model from a discontinued company. There is a reason that they are out of business. I have two PAs, a Fender Passport 250 for the larger shows and a Roland Street Cube for the smaller shows. The snake basket is the Pro Viper by Terry Lunceford.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Jamie;

I am reading other threads about the pro Viper and noticed that others have stated that it has many problems and is not well made;

can you tell me your take on this?

Buzz

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
jamiesalinas
View Profile
Special user
Houston
728 Posts

Profile of jamiesalinas
Wow I did not know so many had so many issues with it. I have had mine for at least ten years and I use it all the time. It gets a lot of use. It is very simple remote controlled device. Check Tarbell and you may be able to make your own.

I will probably make my own as a backup\replacement.

Jamie
Jamie Salinas
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 23:33, Buzz Lawrence wrote:
Jamie;

I am reading other threads about the pro Viper and noticed that others have stated that it has many problems and is not well made;

can you tell me your take on this?

Buzz

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

I bought a used Viper (not Pro) that used a different (and much larger) remote than the Pro version. Wanting to retrofit it to a smaller remote, I contacted Terry Lunceford by telephone, and he talked me through a way to adapt a smaller remote to work with the prop, so now I essentially have a Pro Viper, and I have never had any problems with it. I haven't needed to contact him again in years, but he was extremely helpful the times I did need him.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Jamie;

My level of mechanical aptitude consists of, if I checked Tarbell, I would suffer a paper cut and bleed all over the book; I don’t have the patience to assemble projects.

If I did assemble the basket, where do I get the snake?

I am assuming that the earlier models like you own were better constructed then the later models.

I like the trick, but I am wary of spending $600.00 for a trick that will not be reliable.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Clinton;

It’s interesting when you say you have not had to contact him in years,

I read in the Tricks & Effects posts that he has not lately responded to emails and phone calls; which affirms my opinion that the earlier models were more reliable then the later models, and I assume that Terry could not keep up with the complaints.

As I wrote to Jamie, I like the trick, but I am wary of spending $600.00 for a trick that will not be reliable; and I don’t have the ability to build my own.
Colin Uk
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Colin Uk
I have used the the mp3 tech from the mark 1 version and it is brilliant.

Great customer service form Kerry even when in the UK.

I have used it with a Soundplus, Coomber, Peavey & Apollo all worked together first time.

A professional unit for the working pro.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Colin;

Thanks for the great information;

Today I ordered the Freedom FR-3Neo PA system, I have to go to Los Angeles in the beginning of March and I am going to pick it up then.

I will then order the MP3 Tech player and a stage monitor

If you want to look at the PA system here is the link.

http://www.soundprojections.com/portable-sound-systems.html
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-02-19 13:40, Donald Dunphy wrote:

Here is another relevant thread:

--> Magic Café thread titled... Soun......Kleefeld

- Donald

Be aware that the Sound Control remote doesn't work with IPod Nanos generation 5 and above. It does, however, still work with the new versions of the IPod Classic. I found that out the hard way after purchasing an IPod Nano Generation 5. When it didn't work, I wrote to Mr. Kleefeld for advice; he was very helpful and responded immediately. Not his fault at all - Apple just keeps updating and changing their products. Apparently the newer Sound Control packages included a note explaining exactly which versions of the IPod work, but I bought my Sound Control before that was necessary. Nothing wasted, though, now my stepdaughter will be getting a IPod Nano G5 for her birthday next month, and I have a working system with IPod Classic. Although Sound Control is no longer sold, you can still purchase the exact same remotes at many places on the web, minus the extras, sound files and explanation that Mr. Kleefeld provided.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Hi just to let you know I am still here looking at the thread.

I purchased my equipment, and I find the continued conversation interesting
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Recommendations on a Digital Player (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL