The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Magic rediscovered after 35 years! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Hindu Shuffle
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Hindu Shuffle
Hi Everyone,

I started getting interested in magic around the age of 10. My grandfather really enjoyed watching magicians perform (although he never did any conjuring himself).

I can remember being taken to London by him on at least a couple of occasions in the early seventies to see magic acts. The first time was to see the great David Nixon with Anita Harris as his assistant. The second time was to see the amazing David Berglas who I remember as seeming rather sinister with his dark beard and piercing eyes!

These experiences really got me interested in the craft and I was always pestering my parents to take me up to London so I could spend my hard saved pocket money at The Magic Shop in Tottenham Court Road.

I remember buying a Svengali deck here back in 1972 (which I still have to this day including the instruction booklet) after being totally wowed by the in-store magician's performance!

Well after a 35 year break I am glad to say that I have re-discoverd magic! My passion is card tricks and I am working my way through Roberto Giobbi's fantastic Card College books and videos. It is amazing how many basic bad habits you find you have picked up and just not realized it! I think Roberto's teaching technique and style are brilliant - a classic, clean look that is a joy to watch.

Here is to the rediscovery of a great craft. I look forward to actively participating in this excellent forum.

Andy
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
Welcome "back," Andy.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Hindu Shuffle,

Cards are our friends and there are no friends like an old friends.

-Mary Mowder
silent shadow
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
231 Posts

Profile of silent shadow
You came to the right place to relive magic Andy!

Welcome

Jason
Magic or just an illusion? it's a free choice .... isn't it?
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Good choice, Andy!

Welcome!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
DaveRobison
View Profile
New user
Mobile, Alabama
36 Posts

Profile of DaveRobison
What is it about the age of ten, that sparks so many life-long hobbies or hobbies re-discovered when we grow up?

If I were more metaphysical I'd say that at that age our brain must open doors to potential universes and dreams we don't fathom in our consciousness, but somehow manage to grab on to for the future.

That is if I were more metaphysical.

Dave
I live on Facebook. Come visit me, I get lonely.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Magic rediscovered after 35 years! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL