The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best rings for beginner? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rdwinc
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of rdwinc
I'm looking at Joe Porper's Full Size Ghost Rings vs Locking Ring.
$450 vs $795 - what is best for someone new to rings.

I'm very good with coins..
David Sacks

Wheaton, Maryland
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I know as a beginner you want something invisible as far as the k** goes (I know I did) but it you really don't need that and I would suggest that you don't invest that much till you know if the Rings suit you and the performance situations you work in.

Remember you have to hold on to the Rings somewhere to support them. That place may as well be over the G**.

Good Luck. You'll love the Rings. I have Ninjas and they are sweet and Magical but I don't think I would have loved them as much if they were my first Rings. If you really want the Ghost Rings or Locking Rings, (not as easy to work with as regular rings in my opinion) give yourself something to work towards. Learning the Rings can be hard on them, dropping and crashing too hard. even the oils on your hands can cause wear with constant practice using mostly two rings. May as well do that to cheap Rings.

-Mary Mowder
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Mary's advice is right on. Get yourself a set of "cheap" rings (Uday?) and practice with them for 6 months or so. Then you'll know which way to proceed. You can sell your used rings right here on the Café when you have 50 posts.

Jim
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I'd get a set of three rings and learn the basics. DO NOT GET LOCKER OR GHOST... Just plain rings, ten inch size.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
"I know as a beginner you want something invisible as far as the k** goes"

does the word "key" somehow expose the linking rings?
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Get the most expensive.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
R.E.Byrnes,

Perhaps I'm over cautious.

-Mary
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-02-14 21:51, R.E. Byrnes wrote:
"I know as a beginner you want something invisible as far as the k** goes"

does the word "key" somehow expose the linking rings?

Have you read the rules of the Café. Looks like you have not or you just want to show us how knowledgable you are.
CharlaineC
View Profile
New user
rhode island
61 Posts

Profile of CharlaineC
Thank you for posting your question I was going to post the same one. And thank you for the great advise. When you say practice for six months is hatbecause their a difficult act to pull off or is that just the normal length to practice?
CharlaineC
View Profile
New user
rhode island
61 Posts

Profile of CharlaineC
I am unsure if you have a dollar tree near you but they sell magic toy by fantasma magic. under the platinum magic collection. they are I believe 3" or 4" rings. One linked set of 2 one single and a K** ring. their a dollar a set. I picked up two to work with till I know the routine better. then I'll buy a larger set. I know their not huge but it might help and I honestly don't know how many in are in the full set. hope it helps
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Best rings for beginner? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL