The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » This is a great (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Funkytek
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Funkytek
I am fairly new to magic. I love performing and never realized that I would until a party. During the holidays a friend invited me to a party at a salon. After a few hours being there, I said to myself "what the hell lets go to work" my 1st performance in magic. I did 1 then 2 then I looked up and saw about 20 beautiful women asking me to please do another. At one point a woman approached me and asked me please and I responded ok. But at the same time my mind drew blank! I lost all my magic tricks in my mind I'm starring at her with a smile and thinking "What am I gonna do?" About a minute everything came back to me and hit me like a bus! And mind you all I do is cards for now. There were people there that did not enjoy magic when I met them and after it was done I was hearing that people that hated magic were all into what I was doing. I really think it is personality more then anything. The more I advance in this art the more I want to make people smile. I got asked by the owners if they could hire me for there next party. I now work for them not only as a hairdresser but in house magician. I have to say that this beautiful art has been a beautiful journey and I can not wait to get better and better!
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
I'm sure it wasn't the first time she experenced a man's mind going blank.
Wes
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Sounds like you did a good job. If you keep doing more tricks for pepole your get to the point were you can do anything at any time. Also if you link 3 tricks in a strong routine. And go over it a lot and do it every time your out. this becomes the trick you could do in any condition. If you like cards that's fine. You migth want to add a few other bits and if you want to win the ladies over check out sponge bunnies and stargazer.

Keep going have fun.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
What a story. Your first performance and you get hired! I love that. Keep up the good work. Tell us, what was the first effect that came to your mind after the awkward pause? What trick got the biggest reaction?
mindguru
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of mindguru
A good story and good luck.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Terrific story, funky! This is the kind of stuff that starts a lifetime love affair with an old and grand art form!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » This is a great (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL